Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello from Anacortes...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Billy 4 HP, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Billy 4 HP

Billy 4 HP Skagit Member

Hello all,

Billy here from Anacortes, I relocated to the PNW from Arizona about 3 years ago with my family of two young boys and my wife.

My oldest son is turning 8 yo in the next few weeks and will be receiving (supervised) my Savage 72 that I received when I was also 8 yo. Basically things are coming full circle.

So my first order of business is just gaining knowledge of where I can legally and safely shoot here in Skagit county which appears to either be Greene's or the Plantation in Whatcom county. In Arizona, I was spoiled by being 20 minutes from the Ben Avery range...

Enjoy the usual time with family, fishing and hopefully soon some shooting.

Past experiences with firearms ranged from small and big game hunting to skeet and basic target shooting with a variety of firearms.

Glad I found this site... :)

Billy

2. fishkisser101

fishkisser101 Orcas Island Member

Hey Billy--

If you're still looking for a safe/legal place to plink, drop me a PM--

--mja

3. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Active Member

I was just in Anacortes last week. It is a beautiful place. Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it.

4. Armed

Armed Coupeville, WA New Member

Hello Billy,

Welcome to the forum! You might want to check out the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association in Coupeville. Web site address: cwsaonline.org The facilities are super - cost is $65.00 year. Great people too!

5. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! well i see your picking up some info already ! you will enjoy it here as there are plenty of new shooters to share with in your area. also mite want to check out a "safety course" for family members, as a little more knowledge never hurt anyone......enjoy yourself !!

steven