JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello everyone,
I just joined and wanted to introduce myself to you all.
I am a newbie regarding firearms and I just purchased one. I am looking forward to taking it to the range and also learning everything I can. I also wanted to put a laser on this handgun -- does anyone have a gunsmith they could recommend. I would like to one day go hunting, but thats going to be awhile....In the meantime I will practice, learn, and keep on practicing. Well, I guess that's all for now. Oh yeah, I live in Portland, Oregon so if you could recommend a gunsmith in this area that would be great. Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to hearing from you.
Lisabrat

Welcome.

I highly recommend taking a class or two before you modify your new firearm much. Just get to know it before you spend money on things you might not really need once you learn the ins-and-outs.

As for putting on a laser, most of the time (depending on the type of handgun) you don't need a gunsmith. You just need the internet, a search engine, and friend video demonstration. Again, it all depends on the particular firearm.

Again, welcome. :)

thank you I aprpreciate your responses. What I purchased is a Springfield XDM 9mm I really like the feel and it doesn' t have much kick to it. Since I am not a big lady with strong arms, this firearm feels comfortable.

Great. I really like XDs and XDMs.
You shouldn't need a gunsmith to put a laser on it. Though, after you train with it a bit you may not feel you need it. One would just slip on the front rail easily. There are all different types out there. I'm sure there are reviews on this site of various ones out there.

Or do research on what you really want.

Enjoy.

Hello Morpheus,
Thank you. I do realize that I need to get better acquainted with my XDM. I did go and searched online and found a few options had no idea how simple that would be, and yes it does take time getting to know myself with my gun. Have a great evening I have to get back to studying. :)
~L

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top