JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
I *just* found this website. Seems like a good place to me, so I figured I would sign up.

Naturally, I have an interest in firearms, otherwise there would be no point to joining a forum dedicated to boom sticks. I have owned guns for several years, and have been shooting for many years, though way more frequently in the past three.

I have a bias towards military surplus (I like old bolt guns), or military like firearms. C&R license is an under-promoted thing it seems. I used to have many more firearms, but a recent burglary forced me to sell off some to replace a defensive pistol that walked away on me. We have since moved to a safer neighborhood, and have taken greater security measures with all things valuable though. Lesson learned. Honestly the place we (girlfriend and I) were living in took a major nosedive over the past 9 months or so; it wasn't all that bad when I first moved in with her there. In short, like many enthusiasts... I am always trying to grow the collection. Current pride pieces are a RIA 1911 tactical, a dual date MO marked Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1934/51), and a 1948 Swiss K31 (Scmidt-Rubin). Though I am happy with all my firearms, I just don't feel the need to list them all on an online forum.

I am also into reloading, though this is a new aspect for me. I have only made about 700 rounds total, and I am still fine tuning the technique if bullet seating depth and COAL. Recently started loading cast bullets, and am a little surprised at how much smoke the bullet lube creates. Otherwise it's a lot of fun, though using a small single stage press it does take some time. Would one day want to upgrade to a progressive/turret... but need room for that first.

I have other hobbies as well of course, some less expensive than others, but all of them "money sinks." I collect older video games, though I play everything. Big Atari fan, as well as NES fan. I do have a high regard for the PSX/PS2. Not that I am not a fan of newer stuff, just I have a strong attachment to stuff I grew up playing. Playstation hit around the age of 18 or so (didn't get one until they dropped down to $99, my money, not my parents'), and that helped cement that hobby! Ha ha ha! Hopefully I am not the only one like this. :p

To make a long story short, I was just popping into say "Hi" to the members here. I like to think of myself as relatively social by nature.

That would be either SNES, or you have a Famicom and running a 8-bit pirate version of Super Mario World :p If the latter is the case, then I am a jealous man, as the SMW pirate carts are surprisingly sought after in some collector circles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top