JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new to this forum, hello everyone. I have a Saiga 12 question. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. My saiga 12 bolt wont close all the way atleast half of the time. I can reach under and spin the bolt by hand and it then closes all the way. Like an idiot i tried modifying the bolt myself. I rounded the corners on the part of the bolt that has a pin in it, that part slides in the grooved part of the bolt carrier. After shaping, polishing and reinstalling I have been having this problem. I can see where that section of the bolt is slamming into a spot in the grooved section of the bolt carrier making it sorta flat. Looks to me like its catching there but when I push/pull by hand out of the gun the bolt feels like it slides smoothly. My question is have you encountered bolts that wont slam shut, sticks about 1/2 inch out. I can't figure out what might be causing this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the site.
There's a gunsmithing forum and a shotgun forum down below.. a more proper venue for your question.
I wouldn't a "rounded" anything (though I'm no gunsmith), I would have probably greased the locking lugs lightly and made sure to use box-fresh ammo.. I've heard that ammunition left in the magazine, especially when said magazine has been left inserted into the gun, especially with low-base rounds, the ammunition will become malformed/no longer round.
Anyway, good luck.

Welcome rollinwithit

Try a different brand of 'Low Base shells' and feed them by hand allowing the action to slam shut under it's own power, Slap the bolt extractor shut with your hand. If it goes you might have a dirty chamber, something stuck in the chamber, or just a tightly machined chamber.
Saiga would probably repair it free if it were the case.

Two things, Show your support for the forum by Posting this where it belongs.
Don't go slamming live ammo around in your home or apartment. Take the smoke pole outside and to a safe place to perform this procedure.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top