JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi there folks. My name is Luke, and today I decided to browse around and find a community of shooters active in my home region. So, I'll do my best to fill you in on myself.

I was born on Whidbey Island in Washington, grew up there and in Skagit Valley until I was about eleven, then spent ten years in the Mojave Desert of California. I moved back up to Washington a couple years back, and am pretty happy with that change. I miss Disneyland, but hey, can't win them all. Now I live on the Olympic Peninsula, but I'm not posting from there right now.

I'm a college student, European History major about halfway done with my BA. I'm at the University of Hawai'i right now, and let's just say I miss my rifles. After I graduate I'll come back to the mainland and try to find a good Slavic Studies program for my graduate work. But in the interim, I'll probably only be around in summers.

So, about me and guns. I've been shooting since 16, when I managed to persuade my antigun mom that rifles wouldn't burn the house down in our sleep or torture the family pet. I managed to persuade her so well that since then I built up a collection of C&R guns. Probably small by your standards, but not too shabby by mine. I'm hardly a competitive shooter, more of the recreational type, but I can handle myself if need be.

Mosin M44
Mosin M91/30
Steyr M95 Stutzen
SMLE No 1 Mk III*
Type 99 Arisaka
M48 Syrian Mauser

Going to be saving up my pennies and dimes for an AK variant when I come home. I'm not too picky, I'm just not an optimist about gun control, and like to be prepared in case of legislation. And that actually leads me to another point. Part of what attracted me here were the rules.

I'm as pro-gun as anybody, but my other politics are, how shall we say? Not popular among these circles? I don't really intend to discuss them, because hey, I'm here to make friends, maybe find some buddies to shoot with, and just make my life a little better.

So, if anyone has any questions or just wants to say hi, lay it on me.

Hi Luke,

First off, welcome to the site. Its a great place to share ideas and gain knowledge. Secondly, you've stated that your politics are "not popular in these circles".....however you state the you're pro-gun and feel that legislation could be a possibility in the future, so much so that you are saving up to purchase an AK variant someday. Hopefully, perhaps through knowledge gained through intelligent conversation and intellectual exercise via the site you may have an epiphany regarding your current stance. We can only hope....

However, Mahalo....

Heheh, thanks for the welcome guys. Believe me, I don't trust or like any American media. People forget it's a for-profit business, CNN, Fox, NBC, Huff Post, etc, all just want viewers so they can sell advertisements. Why does anybody even care about mass shootings? They're unbelievably rare and statistically insignificant, but hot damn do they glue people to their TVs. So, the media makes it an issue because it lines their pockets.

Honestly in my opinion, Democrats and Republicans are pretty similar. So, my politics aren't 'unpopular' because I'm a San Francisco hippie-dippie vegan type (I'm not), it's because I honestly don't like free markets. To be truthful, it's really not even politics. It's economics. Any rate, not gonna get too much into that. No sense fighting over it when we all need to unite for our gun rights.

End of the day, it's the biggest issue my vote can impact here. And I don't you guys like to sit around and discuss the nature of capital or labor, so it's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

Curious though, are there any Crufflers in residence on the forum?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top