JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks. I'm in Skagit county WA and found out about this place from reddit.com/r/firearms. Looking for a more regionally focused pro2A community, preferably to connect with other local shooters and get involved in the local shooting community.

I've been shooting for 25+ years, grew up in the rural midwest, moved out to the PNW for work. Daily CCW. I collect for historical value (I just picked up an M1 Garand and a M1 Carbine before 1639) as well as functional purpose (I have a separate safe full of evil black rifles of various caliber and design) and defensive or tactical use ("Too many handguns" is not a concept I really understand). I am a rigid no-compromise 2A advocate; until we roll it all back right down to the destruction of the NFA, and we bring back a tradition of marksmanship in our communities, and reinvigorate the idea of individual rights (including self-defense) over the fears of the mob, the fight is not over.

I reload, and am into the idea of ammunition independence. I'm into prepping as well, and so ammunition and firearms manufacturing in primitive or grid-down conditions is something I am into as well. I've been collecting bullet casting materials recently. I'm going to get into making jacketed bullets at some point, the tooling is stupid expensive. I might pick up a small lathe from Harbor Freight, throw some metal gears in it, and make the tooling myself (former wageslave machinist).

I'm getting into hobby gunsmithing. I've built a few things from 80%, and learned a good bit from that. I've got some guns I want to make wood stocks and grips for, from local wood around my place. (Walnut and Apple.) I've got some rifles that I'd like to improve the trigger on (at least an SKS and an AR-15 built as an SPR/DMR). I'm going to machine some Remington 1858 conversion cylinders (I own a Kirst and am going to duplicate it from a standard percussion cylinder on the lathe). There's years of projects here, most of them targeted towards construction of items for my kids to be left in my inheritance.

I also hunt and do some community volunteering. I'd love to find some hunting partners. I've been going after blacktail for years but still haven't bagged one. I got started late in life so I'm learning all the stuff the average teenage deer hunter learned from their dad/uncle/granddad/etc. Pairing a hunting trip with a military pattern or military surplus rifle and a handload specific to the hunt is a fetish of mine.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to remember to wipe my feet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top