JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

About time we are allowed to do what people in 48 other states can. No more waiting for the gas money to get to every car, no more gas monkey spilling gas on your car.

There have been several times over the last year that I pumped my own gas anyway and the attendant didn't care one bit. However, I am confident the idiots in Salem will screw this ip.

Last Edited:
Thank god!

I F'ing hate getting gas since Covid started. All those low wage folks never show up to work, so the answer, only one lane available. Then 10-25 pumps just sitting there unused.

Loved the trip down south to Reno last summer. Pumping my own gas!

There would be a lot of idiots sitting at the pump waiting because they don't know how to use it.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot stupidity will be going down at the pumps in the coming years. Wonder how many will devolve into shootings.

I was up in Goldendale getting gas (60 gallon tank), these two millennials from Oregon pull up at the same time and the lames can't figure out how to pump their own gas so after fiddling with it for about 10 minutes they had to walk in and ask the attendant for help. You can tell the guy was super-thrilled to out there giving gas pumping lessons to a couple of "adult males". He looks over and sees me grinning and just rolls his eyes, shakes his head and looks down...total palm face without the palm face. :s0140: Even with my big ol' tank I get out of there before they do, but of course the idiots had to pass me down the road doing 95mph, I guess ten above the speed limit wasn't fast enough for them.

Living in WA, we have the displeasure of driving through OR to get to CA, AZ, other great western states.

I NEVER let them pump my gas. I loc up on them, "you ain't touching my m-fkn ride" and commence to pump gas myself. OR soy betas ain't stopping a true thug....

Wow, no more gas monkeys leaning WAY over the side of my Spitfire dragging the key chains and YUGE blob of keys all over the paint, not to mention the jeans rivets and tombstone for a dead dick belt buckle! They always get mad when I take my time getting the mat out and setting it on the trunk so they don't bugger up my cars paint and dent the hell out of the body!

At least now I can bugger it all up my self and have no one else to blame but me!

Now, to get rid of the blended fuel once and for all!

My memory is clouded at times but I don't believe this is the first time this issue has come around. Although I sure hope it does this time. Most pump jockeys are happy to let me pump the gas in my Harley or diesel in my truck. Knock on wood, my truck is two years old and still doesn't have a ding in it yet.

Now, to get rid of the blended fuel once and for all!
Now, if we could get this through we'd all be better off. Better mileage and lower cost, that sure seems like a win win to me.

I cut way back on it after I read about that a few years ago. It really doesn't go well with anything but gin anyway.

:D
As a teenager I worked pumping gas. Owner died of cancer. Along in life I worked with men who didn't pay attention to things they handled. Ralph died of cancer in his feet and I believe getting fuel on them killed him.

Personally I would rather not pump my own fuel, if you can smell it then it's in your system.:s0030:

OMG!!! IF it passes....does this mean?
fat_lady_sings_zps2hxvskkc.jpg

Aloha, Mark

As a teenager I worked pumping gas. Owner died of cancer. Along in life I worked with men who didn't pay attention to things they handled. Ralph died of cancer in his feet and I believe getting fuel on them killed him.

Personally I would rather not pump my own fuel, if you can smell it then it's in your system.:s0030:
I've been splashed with gasoline hundreds of times, perks of mowing lawns and working as a greenskeeper since age 12. I guess I'm done for. That being said, periodic exposure to gasoline fumes is pretty much a non-issue and if somebody splashes themselves using a modern fuel pump Darwin is coming sooner or later anyway.

Never mind all the people that pumped gas and DIDN'T get cancer. :rolleyes:

In places like here, WA, anyone who does not want to pump can easily find places that have service. I find it real hard to believe if OR finally lets people pump there will suddenly be no full serve. As for getting fuel on feet? Since I do not like the stink of gas or diesel I have never had any problem pumping it in the tank and not on myself. My only "problem" with the OR law when we pass through is the hassle. I can just imagine what it must be like now that places are having so much trouble finding people who will work.

Never mind all the people that pumped gas and DIDN'T get cancer. :rolleyes:
It's the way life is, folks will say no big deal as they let their wives and daughters pump carcinogenic fuels. No place to wash hands and they track into the house the fuels spilled on the ground. A lot of people won't die from cancer, some will.

It's the way life is, folks will say no big deal as they let their wives and daughters pump carcinogenic fuels. No place to wash hands and they track into the house the fuels spilled on the ground. A lot of people won't die from cancer, some will.
Some will die from cancer no matter what.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top