JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a chance to handle the new Beretta Nano today for a few minutes. So I thought I would share my thoughts after putting my hands on one. I know a lot of people are wondering how this will stack up against the PM9, P290 and Solo, etc...

It's not a looker by any means, but had some very cool design features. It felt good in the hand, much like a PM9. There's no room for your pinky, but it felt like it would be well balanced when fully loaded with ammo. Definitely not as chunky feeling as the Sig P290. It has a trigger safety like a Glock or XD type pistol, which I'm normally not a fan of, but it wasn't bad. Trigger pull was not as smooth as my broken in Kahr P9, but was better than any other brand of super subcompact pistol I've tried (S&W Bodyguard, LCP, Taurus TCP, P290). I was a little concerned when reading about the gun that the tiny decocker thingy may disable the gun from being fired if it's accidently pushed in. After trying it out, I can't see how it would ever "accidently" be pushed in and disable the pistol from being fired. The "button" is very small, recessed and takes a pretty good push from a pencil tip to decock the pistol. Theoretically it's possible, but highly improbable. Sure wish I would have been able to shoot it, but was only able to spend a few "top secret" minutes with it before it disappeared. I'm hoping to get a chance to shoot it in the next week or so. If there's any interest in the post, I'll be happy to share shooting impressions.

Overall, the fit and finish was first rate. I think Kahr may have some serious competition for the PM9 if turns out to be a decent shooter, especially if the price is around the $400 price point that has been talked about.

Bobs in Longview had one and I checked it out. I like that it is a slim grip and did feel good in the hand. What I didn't like is that the barrel axis is set so high up and that there is no slide release. It is a small gun and with the barrel so high I would think that the recoil would be a tad more difficult to control, only an assumption as I have not fired one. The lack of a slide release makes it thinner and one less thing to possibly snag on, but to effectively release the slide will take two hands. Might not be an issue to most, but I do not want to move the muzzle off target to release the slide one handed. These are just my observations from having looked at and held the gun, not from shooting it.

Thanks for the info. I'm not overly concerned with the lack of slide release. I train for slingshot release since I like big movements under stress rather than little ones and frankly if I have to reload I'm probably screwed. The high bore axis is a little more concerning so I may need to find out if the Beretta rep is going to be at a local range any time soon to try one out.

Bobs in Longview had one and I checked it out. I like that it is a slim grip and did feel good in the hand. What I didn't like is that the barrel axis is set so high up and that there is no slide release. It is a small gun and with the barrel so high I would think that the recoil would be a tad more difficult to control, only an assumption as I have not fired one. The lack of a slide release makes it thinner and one less thing to possibly snag on, but to effectively release the slide will take two hands. Might not be an issue to most, but I do not want to move the muzzle off target to release the slide one handed. These are just my observations from having looked at and held the gun, not from shooting it.

What were your impressions of the Nano compared to some of the other sub-compacts out there? Better, same, worse?

The fit and finish externally was above the norm for pistols in this category, I did not field strip the pistol to look at the innards. I went back and read an article on the Nano in one of the gun magazines and the higher barrel axis did not seem to be a problem for the people shooting it. The price was not out of range for other pistols in this category. I did like the feel of it in my hand better than the Ruger LC9 and the Keltec PF9. If I didn't pick up a couple other pistols recently I might have purchased this pistol. A very nice single stack 9mm for very discrete carry. For comparrison my EDC is a G29 that is very easy to conceal and something smaller and slimmer like the Nano would just totally disappear.

All that I can say is I am not a patient person when having to wait for something I want. I keep calling local gun shops to check for Nanos to no avail. Arrgh! This is why I am not a fisherman. :s0114:

If I find one near $360 ish I'll pick one up for the **** of it. I have been looking for a single stack compact 9 for awhile now, but the cons of each always outweighed the pros.

The Nano seems to be happy medium, I can live with the long trigger pull has long as the weight is within the said 6lbs. Another thing I am not thrilled about is Beretta's warranty... a true firearm company that believes in their product offers a lifetime.

So, anyone actually shot one yet? I read the article in "GUNS" magazine and am interested in this little 9mm. Just looking for some feedback and opinions on it.

Thanks.