JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"What may have been going through his mind to drive this fast?" CHP Officer Matt Zulim asked,

100 MPH is not that fast - I am sure I am not the only one here who has gone faster than that multiple times. I have a setting on my car that warns me when I exceed 80 MPH - but sometimes still get carried away. I used to do 100 MPH daily when I rode my Ducati (sold it and that was one of the reasons; I didn't want to lose my license and more than once I came around a corner to find a car or something else in my lane).

Unfortunately 100 MPH is enough to lose your license and in some states they will charge you with reckless driving, even put you in jail.

"What may have been going through his mind to drive this fast?" CHP Officer Matt Zulim asked,

100 MPH is not that fast - I am sure I am not the only one here who has gone faster than that multiple times. I have a setting on my car that warns me when I exceed 80 MPH - but sometimes still get carried away. I used to do 100 MPH daily when I rode my Ducati (sold it and that was one of the reasons; I didn't want to lose my license and more than once I came around a corner to find a car or something else in my lane).

Unfortunately 100 MPH is enough to lose your license and in some states they will charge you with reckless driving, even put you in jail.
Once got pulled doing 124. Cop wrote it up as 72 in a 65. Now that was one ticket I didn't fight.

If I do something and get caught I own up to it. Got caught doing 105 thru Seattle on I-5 on a bike. LEO wrote it up for 90 MPH IIRC - I think he didn't get a lock on me until I had slowed down. That's the nice thing about bikes, they speed up and slow down pretty quick, until you are pushing the wind hard.

Anyway, I went to court because I was unemployed and I thought maybe the judge would drop the fine down. There were about 20 illegals in front of me, each and every one did not have a license or insurance, and each of them were told to come back with a license and insurance and he would drop the charges.

I thought I had a soft touch so when I went up I plead no contest and he asked me what I did for a living - I said I was unemployed, and he asked what I did when I was employed and I told him. He cut down the fine a little, but WTF does my profession have to do with how much fine I pay?? :eek: I swear, some judges have weird ideas about justice. :rolleyes:

I got pulled over doing 105 somewhere North of Scotsdale AZ. COP didnt even know how high the bail was going to be. I was just glad I was only in 4th when I passed him. I was about to shift into 5th and really make some time. Plymouth Arrow 200. I was only in the state another 5-6 days wonder what happened to that ticket? Long time ago.

Many years ago
Shoshone Junction to Baker (Near Death Valley CA)
Newly paved road across the desert floor, clear weather and only one other car on the road about a mile ahead of me.
My top speed was around 115mph and I was never below 100 on that run.
And I never caught up to that car ahead of me either :s0152:

I was on a consulting gig in Maryland around 02 or so. Client had a 96 Mustang Cobra and we went to lunch in it. He told me to drive it back and we were going down some 4 lane highway outside Fedricksburg and he said run it up. I was doing about 130, headed up a hill and he said watch it, 5-0 sits on the top of the hill a lot.

Sure enough there was one there down the road a bit on a traffic stop. I thought, oh sh*t, how do I explain this. Fortunately there was an off ramp to the right that took us towards the clients office and shop, so I just keep it down, hit the off ramp about 100, the client called his office to have the secretary go out and open the shop door. Pulled in there, shut the door and went back to work.

I told him that his kid had been doing donuts in the car the night before in the parking lot across from my hotel the night before, so that car was going to be a bit hot for a while and he might want to park it for 3 weeks or so. We still laugh about it once a year or so on Facebook.

Same client who paused our work in his office when he saw a snapping turtle take a goose off his pond couple hundred yards away. Got out a .300 Win Mag and smoked that turtle out the office window next time he showed his head.

I loved my clients.

Another drive from Shreveport to Dallas, I packed up with a Vette and BMW in my rental Mustang and we ran 110 mph across east Texas for almost an hour and a half. Fastest trip I made for business. My business partners would have laughed at me if I got busted since they behaved pretty much the same way. My wife might have been displeased if I got jailed 2000 miles from home and got my rental car impounded. Didn't stop me though.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top