Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heckler & Koch Hostile Environment Finish

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CharlesAFerg, Feb 22, 2009.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I would like to know if any of their other firearms besides their sidearms have this Nitro Carburization process incorporated into their production. I know the USP definitely does, same with the P2000 series. What about their long rifles? For example, the G36 and SL-8 variants? For me, it's a huge selling point, because I have firsthand experience with this benefiting me significantly.

2. CharlesAFerg

Inquiry still stands.

3. moparmike440

moparmike440 SW WA Member

I don't think it's the same. Maritme corrosion Resistant Finish?

4. CharlesAFerg

I thought that was referring to the simple electroless nickel finish on the Remington 870 Marine Magnum? That's not the same, as it's only a finish, not a process they put the metal through.

5. moparmike440

moparmike440 SW WA Member

I know that they use Maritme corrosion Resistant Finish on the AR HK clips and maybe 416 lower & uper but on G36 and SL-8 variants are glass fibre reinforced polymer with stainless steel inserts so the barrel is the only thing I see that is exposed metal I'll bet that it is a Nitro Carburization process:dunno: try http://hkpro.com/forum/index.php

6. CharlesAFerg

That's what I would assume, because there was so little metal in that weapon already.

I tried that, and I didn't get anything. I'll call my H&K representative.

Until then, though, if anybody else has some information, post it.