JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hwy 22 West
Just as you enter Hebo, look for a sign on the right.
Go North a few miles, another right.
There is a forestry station in town

and just past the forestry station take a right turn, that takes you up to Mt Hebo and the lake. It's easy to miss the turn. If you get to a fork in the road you've gone to far.

hebo lake as well as south lake (same general area) are both very good fishin holes. hebo lake is a little easier to get to. south lake is alot of gravel road drivin

i inadvertantly scared the crap out of some "berry pickers" during elk season near south lake. when i popped out of the woodwork in all camo with a bow and my glock on my side, literally, after saying hi, this is how it went "OMG ARE YOU ALLOWED TO HAVE THAT??!?" i said "allowed to have what?" "THAT GUN!" "yes i am, welcome to America. have a nice day!"

i walk down the gravel road only to see a subaru baja with california plates. lol

Probably would have been a good destination prior to advertising it to 40,000 people on here :D
hmmmmm
They don't have a huge parking area up there.

Nice spot when when it's not crowded. I used to live just down at the hatchery.

Yep it was a Wonderful place to go and take the kids, but my bet is now it will not be approachable for some time. They don't plant enough fish to support the influx of people with that much advertisement.
Fished there since a child. My granddad built the radar station up there that blew off the mountain in the Columbus day storm back in the early 60's. 180+ mile per hr winds that day.

Yep it was a Wonderful place to go and take the kids, but my bet is now it will not be approachable for some time. They don't plant enough fish to support the influx of people with that much advertisement.
Fished there since a child. My granddad built the radar station up there that blew off the mountain in the Columbus day storm back in the early 60's. 180+ mile per hr winds that day.

I didn't know that. Thanks. And I had read up on that station. Wonder if I can take my metal detector up there.

I didn't know that. Thanks. And I had read up on that station. Wonder if I can take my metal detector up there.

I think about all that is left is the concrete foundation. The rest flew off into the sunset.............
That was an evil storm. I watched a drive in theatre fly across 99E and lost my first, 2nd car in it to a tree.
The street lights were all 90 deg sideways.... the ones that stayed hanging. Took power out of the whole NW for some time.

The real fact is that 90% of the people on this board will never go anywhere and just keep living vicariously through their keyboards, out of the last 9% left most have their favorite spot already or live too far away so in actuality this post may generate 2-4 new users to the area

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top