JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which route?

• Total voters
When you change out the trigger, put a nylon bolt recoil bushing in it. Makes it much more pleasant to shoot. You can buy some nylon dowel and cut many pieces for the price of a manufactured one.

When you change out the trigger, put a nylon bolt recoil bushing in it. Makes it much more pleasant to shoot. You can buy some nylon dowel and cut many pieces for the price of a manufactured one.
That's the absolute first thing I always do. I order Tuffer Buffers 10 at a time and usually have a handful on hand. I usually end up handing them out to 10/22 owners that haven't heard of such things.

That's the absolute first thing I always do. I order Tuffer Buffers 10 at a time and usually have a handful on hand. I usually end up handing them out to 10/22 owners that haven't heard of such things.

AND, they learn how to take their action all the way down. :D

I ended up buying a factory taper stainless barrel from Pike Arms. Not a whole lot of weight savings, or irons, but at least it's now got threads for my can. Threw the extra red dot I've got in it and I'm done really. At least until I can buy the binary trigger that isn't for sale yet.

I've got another 10/22 receiver that isn't doing well in the classifieds that I may hold onto for a later heavy barrel build. I still like the idea of a bench rest semi auto.

E64E36E3-A9C1-439A-90A4-CBD51F8E0018.jpeg

Much more fun testing ammo on live critters. :D

First though, I want to find out if the ammunition is worthwhile using on "critters". For bolt action .22 rimfires I'll run some accuracy testing using a rest to help eliminate any human influence:

u5xAQwol.jpg

If I find that the barrel likes the ammunition being tested, then it's added to the list of what the barrel likes. Each round is fed from an adapter I made that guides the bullet nose straight into the chamber. No deformation during the controlled feeding and testing:

C3oy3j9l.jpg

This sorta stuff satisfies MY curiosity. only expect it to do that for a very few others. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top