JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got an email this morning from RMR Bullets regarding a tragedy that struck one of their employees.

I shot with Joe several times at area GSSF matches and he is a great guy. He let me try out his heavily modified G19 that he uses to consistently score perfect 500 scores with. Unfortunately, it seems that pistol is now gone.

Not sure if this was the appropriate place to post this, but am hoping we can help a fellow gun enthusiast out. I''l try to copy and paste the email with all of the relevant info...

"We don't do this often, and I don't want this newletter to ever become a burden to customers so please understand that I wouldn't ask for help unless I feel someone really needed it. That said, I want to emphasize that there is no pressure to donate as we know there are many other families who are struggling right now.

Many of you have had the pleasure of speaking with Joe Durnbaugh in our shipping department. He's a retired Forest Service officer who decided to spend his retirement helping out with the customer service at RMR. On Saturday November 14th Joe woke up to the sound of rounds cooking off in his garage. He and his family were blessed to have been alerted to the fire as his fire alarms were apparently dead. (Yet another example of how guns save lives)! Everyone escaped with their lives and relative health. However, as you can see by the photos, pretty much EVERYTHING he owned was destroyed in the fire. Whatever wasn't burned was destroyed by water damage. The fire started in his garage (bad wiring or rodent chewing is suspected). Insurance will take care of the vast majority of his costs, but it won't cover absolutely everything that he and his wife lost. Even at 70 years old, Joe is a prolific competitive shooter who had amassed quite the collection of firearms and ammo. Almost all of his firearms were destroyed. I've promised him that some blessings will come from this major loss. I've started a gofundme for Joe so that he can have some money to help get him by until insurance can come through. Even then, we're told that insurance will only do so much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I firmly believe that the reloading community is the most generous and polite customer base in the world so I know this email will likely bring in a lot of help for Joe. If Joe gets enough money from this funraiser to "for reals retire" we will miss him but I promise to be happy for him. Here is the link to the gofundme account. https://gf.me/u/y86xqj You can also click on any of the pictures to be redirected to the gofundme. If you want to avoid the fees that gofundme charges you can contact Joe personally at [email protected]. I don't know his paypal address and I'm writing this at like 5:00 am so I can't call him to ask. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the shipping update. "

RMR bullets is based about 50 miles South of me and are a great group of folks. I've been using their bullets for a few years now and have even bought lead ingots from them. Shipping was always quick and fair, and I've even gotten little doodles with my order from the owner's daughter that made me smile.

Great products and great folks.

Found a similar thread on another forum, The High Road. It got a lot of traffic and responses. Looks like Joe has gotten $13,450 donated so far out of a goal of $15k.

Pretty sure since Joe is a one of us from the Northwest, we can do better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top