JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've been snooping around the Intratubes tonight on this topic. Buffalo Bore has some interesting offering. I thought I'd toss it out there; any recommendations on 10×25㎜ Automatic ammunition that is on the peppier side of things?

Thanks!

P.S. Handgun in said, for now, is a Tanfoglio.

I always preferred Underwood 200gr XTP when I wanted to feel invincible around town, or their 200gr hard cast for a woods carry load. These both ran flawlessly in a Wilson CQB Elite and two Glock 40 Hunters.

Underwood made/make these big boy 10mm rounds to the level Cooper worked up with Norma originally. YMMV :)

Under Wood
Buffulo Bore
HSM (not sure if they are still around)
Pheonix Rising (not heavy, but incendiary)
Speer had a heavy factory load.

OR......

RCBS
Hornady
Lee
and
1609479324133.jpeg

800x is where it is at when it comes to top loads. I have a 200gr wfngc hardcast going an honest 1250'fps out of a glock 20 with this powder.

I run a 180 gr bullet with a max load of Longshot @ 1300 fps, Glock is the only pistol I have had that will hold up to a constant diet of this load.

For a woods carry load, I use a 220 gr lazer cast on top of 13.4 grains of Blue Dot, it's a very stout load, so not sure if your pistol can take such. For urban carry, the 180 gr Golden Sabers are my go to, again, on top of 13.6 grains Blue Dot makes for a super nasty load, again, make sure your pistol can take such, my Glock G-20 cannot with out the always present "Glock Smiley" being very pronounced! For factory loads, Grizzly Ammo makes a pretty stout 200 gr hard cast load that's very accurate and clocks in around 1200 FPS, and Hornady Critical Defense with it's 180 gr load is also pretty good. I have had good results with the SIG V-Crown 180 gr loads as well, with the best accuracy of all the factory ammo I have even tried!

Regardless of what the pistol will take, my own tolerance level is downgraded by higher recoil, brisker muzzle rise, and even moreso by muzzle blast. I've trained out of bad flinch several times, but amazed how close it lurks.

Regardless of what the pistol will take, my own tolerance level is downgraded by higher recoil, brisker muzzle rise, and even moreso by muzzle blast. I've trained out of bad flinch several times, but amazed how close it lurks.
I kinda thought all 10 mm was hot:s0112:. I'd love to have the performance but I'm a smaller framed guy and it's just too much gun for me. I definitely develop the twitch when I shoot one.

I kinda thought all 10 mm was hot:s0112:. I'd love to have the performance but I'm a smaller framed guy and it's just too much gun for me. I definitely develop the twitch when I shoot one.

Well then why not find a PCC in 10mm...:s0001:
I have a lot of 10mm ammo taken on a trade just sitting in my ammo locker..... WAITING patiently...:s0112:
This is my next purchase.:cool:

Well then why not find a PCC in 10mm...:s0001:
I have a lot of 10mm ammo taken on a trade just sitting in my ammo locker..... WAITING patiently...:s0112:
This is my next purchase.:cool:

I'm not really a fan of PCC, my thoughts are if I'm going to have a carbine size and weight weapon then I want the horsepower capability of a rifle round, but of all the pistol cartridges out there 10mm makes the most sense especially if considering a one round battery. A PCC and Glock 20 would make a serious fighting pair, add in a S&W 610 for a max power wheel gun.

I'm not really a fan of PCC, my thoughts are if I'm going to have a carbine size and weight weapon then I want the horsepower capability of a rifle round, but of all the pistol cartridges out there 10mm makes the most sense especially if considering a one round battery. A PCC and Glock 20 would make a serious fighting pair, add in a S&W 610 for a max power wheel gun.

My reason is aging & arthritis, I've shot a 10mm handgun and did not find it pleasing so it's not getting into my Arsenal.
I love shooting my friends 44mag with a 6" ported barrel though.:s0001:
A Thurmond Defense 10mm PCC is definitely coming to the safe when it becomes available.;)

My reason is aging & arthritis, I've shot a 10mm handgun and did not find it pleasing so it's not getting into my Arsenal.
I love shooting my friends 44mag with a 6" ported barrel though.:s0001:
A Thurmond Defense 10mm PCC is definitely coming to the safe when it becomes available.;)

Sound like you need a 610, they are over built pussycats that really tame the round.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top