JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My reloading and general purpose bench is in a two car garage that can get pretty cold. Any suggestions on an efficient heater for a 20A circuit?

I had a great three element heater hung from the cieling of the garage in our previous house and am kicking myself for not bringing it to Salem. That model is apparently no longer made.

is it possible to reduce the area around your reloading bench? Even with movable panels (think office cubical) because a oil filled radiator type electric heater would be ideal for a reloading area since there is no exposed heating element or open flame. We have one in our downstairs bathroom that actually has a towel rack above it and use it to warm towels by having them lay over it.

Using the panels to reduce the area required to be heated would greatly increase the efficiency of the little heater.

The panels could be hinged to the wall and be constructed of 2x2 frames with 1/4" plywood underlayment wouldn't have to go all the way to the ceiling (close would be better though). If need be you could put a couple cross braced legs on the bottom to help hold them.

Just an idea. Going to go reload unfold the walls pop on the heater go in make a nice pot of coffee and when you come back your on your way to warm toasty.

And if you need the room to park the car then when done just fold the wal sections back against the side wall or even leaned up against the bench to help hide it from nosie neighbors.

I have one of those halogen shop lights, heats the whole garage ... probably costs me a fortune.

Got ventilation? Build a Rocket Stove - very frugal. Use an old cast iron pot / dutch oven to turn it into a heater.

I have used an electric heating pad for a seat cushion before. It does help to keep you warm with out having to heat the whole space. Just put a folded towel over it. And if you get the auto-off type, you don't have to worry about leaving it on.

Bonfire.jpg

This might keep you warm...

Bonfire.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR