JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What often burns my butt is when they are in power they want nothing to do with "common sense" laws like this. As soon as they have no chance then they start puffing up their damn chest.
Doesn't matter what side of the fence you plant your garden, politicians only want to be perceived to have the people's best interest at heart. They gotta put on a good show!

Hopefully it passes!

Doesn't matter what side of the fence you plant your garden, politicians only want to be perceived to have the people's best interest at heart. They gotta put on a good show!

Hopefully it passes!
It would have to pass with a super majority now. There is no way in hell Joe would sign it, so they would have to have enough voted to override him. Not going to happen. :(

I guess Pelosi would put that in the "No" pile for him...
Sadly yes. Now the way things are going come mid terms? We "may" see them take a hit like they did when they rammed Obama Care through. If that happens they might have a shot of over riding a veto but, you can just imagine the way the press would go 24/7 on it. They would try to scare hell out of anyone who they thought would vote to over ride.

So much for property rights if the government can just at their whim exercise total control over the property.

All this means is that as soon as that ends there will be a huge amount of evictions being processed.
I know there are a couple of renters in the neighborhood I wouldn't mind going away. Property management companies bought up several houses in the area during the last recession. That did nothing to benefit the neighborhood even in the best of times. But now deadbeat renters are destroying what used to be a nice and respectful neighborhood. It is definitely a problem that has accelerated in the past year because they know they can't be evicted.

You can buy a no-paperwork silencer in Texas but it hasta be made in Texas

Montana, 2008 tried to do something similar, and got smacked down in a Fed court, who "found" that it would "reasonably affect interstate commerce" and decided "the Federal Government has sole authority to regulate firearms and items covered by the NFA, and that the Federal Licensing scheme existing is further proof that the Federal government has authority to regulate firearms commerce" or something like that, see Firearms Freedom Act, 2008, Montana.

Montana, 2008 tried to do something similar, and got smacked down in a Fed court, who "found" that it would "reasonably affect interstate commerce" and decided "the Federal Government has sole authority to regulate firearms and items covered by the NFA, and that the Federal Licensing scheme existing is further proof that the Federal government has authority to regulate firearms commerce" or something like that, see Firearms Freedom Act, 2008, Montana.
Doesn't mean Texas made suppressor won't make it

Suppressors/silencers fall under NFA law, and FFL and SOT Class license is required to manufacture suppressors/silencers under GCA968, therefore it is applicable to Texas even if different "Federal district"; because "Federal laws trump state law" according to BATFE.
Not what it says here:

Not what it says here:

"Relying on the United States Supreme Court's decision in Gonzales v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005), and the court's own precedent in United States v. Stewart, 451 F.3d 1071 (9th Cir. 2006), the Ninth Circuit panel unanimously ruled that Congress could regulate the internal manufacture of firearms within Montana because the creation and circulation of such firearms could reasonably be expected to impact the market for firearms nationally. A majority of the panel, over the dissent of Judge Bea, went further to hold that the Montana Firearms Freedom Act was preempted by the federal licensing law. Two petitions for a writ of certiorari sought to bring the matter before the United States Supreme Court, but the writ was denied in both instances"
From wiki.

Also from wiki, "On July 16, 2009, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives published an open letter to Montana Federal Firearms Licensees, clarifying the bureau's position on the Montana Firearms Freedom Act. According to this letter, "...because the Act conflicts with Federal firearms laws and regulations, Federal law supersedes the Act, and all provisions of the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act, and their corresponding regulations, continue to apply."

"Relying on the United States Supreme Court's decision in Gonzales v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005), and the court's own precedent in United States v. Stewart, 451 F.3d 1071 (9th Cir. 2006), the Ninth Circuit panel unanimously ruled that Congress could regulate the internal manufacture of firearms within Montana because the creation and circulation of such firearms could reasonably be expected to impact the market for firearms nationally. A majority of the panel, over the dissent of Judge Bea, went further to hold that the Montana Firearms Freedom Act was preempted by the federal licensing law. Two petitions for a writ of certiorari sought to bring the matter before the United States Supreme Court, but the writ was denied in both instances"
From wiki.

Also from wiki, "On July 16, 2009, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives published an open letter to Montana Federal Firearms Licensees, clarifying the bureau's position on the Montana Firearms Freedom Act. According to this letter, "...because the Act conflicts with Federal firearms laws and regulations, Federal law supersedes the Act, and all provisions of the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act, and their corresponding regulations, continue to apply."
Thanks but I'm going with States Rights on all things firearms related & most especially this:

Thanks but I'm going with States Rights on all things firearms related & most especially this:

State Rights are not State Laws. As it stands, States can indeed direct State/local officers from not enforcing Federal Laws, but Federal Laws do indeed trump State Laws according to the Courts, and that pesky Federal Supremacy Clause along with Interstate Commerce Clause. There is nothing in the Texas nor Arizona bills nor any "2A Sanctuary" that explicitly states that Federal Agents are barred from enforcing Federal laws and regulations in these States.

State Rights are not State Laws. As it stands, States can indeed direct State/local officers from not enforcing Federal Laws, but Federal Laws do indeed trump State Laws according to the Courts, and that pesky Federal Supremacy Clause along with Interstate Commerce Clause. There is nothing in the Texas nor Arizona bills nor any "2A Sanctuary" that explicitly states that Federal Agents are barred from enforcing Federal laws and regulations in these States.
I'll believe that when Sanctuary Cities start losing their Federal funding

I'll believe that when Sanctuary Cities start losing their Federal funding

I'm gonna keep repeating this :rolleyes: have any Sanctuary cities/State actually hauled Federal agents doing their jobs to jail/State borders? No? Bueller? Bueller?

Did California State Police/officers actively prevent Federal agents/officers from conducting raids, by blockading their routes, traffic stopping them, checkpoints, engaging in Underground Railway types of activity? No?

I'm gonna keep repeating this :rolleyes: have any Sanctuary cities/State actually hauled Federal agents doing their jobs to jail/State borders? No? Bueller? Bueller?

Did California State Police/officers actively prevent Federal agents/officers from conducting raids, by blockading their routes, traffic stopping them, checkpoints, engaging in Underground Railway types of activity? No?
My question would've been has any Sanctuary City ever lost federal funding for being a Sanctuary City?

My question would've been has any Sanctuary City ever lost federal funding for being a Sanctuary City?
Funding isn't germane to the topic, because its all corrupt. Whats germane to the topic... is... have there been any cases again, where Federal agents were actively barred/prevented from doing their jobs??
Because that is the type of "teeth" that would give the 2A sanctuary States much more credibility and would put the Feds on notice. As it stands.. its all hot air and virtue signaling, since we all know the Feds can simply send in the ATF agents and FBI teams to enforce their laws.

Funding isn't germane to the topic, because its all corrupt. Whats germane to the topic... is... have there been any cases again, where Federal agents were actively barred/prevented from doing their jobs??
Because that is the type of "teeth" that would give the 2A sanctuary States much more credibility and would put the Feds on notice. As it stands.. its all hot air and virtue signaling, since we all know the Feds can simply send in the ATF agents and FBI teams to enforce their laws.
To me 'funding' is all we have to go on--fact is no Sanctuary City has lost any funding & until they do I'm not gonna worry about Second Amendment sanctuary's

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top