JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Avoiding advice OP specifically doesn't want is hard, because I simply wouldn't trust a diet w/o vegetables. Married to a nurse who taught nutrition in her long a varied career. And not a nut job - loves her eggs, cheese, burgers and rib eye as much as any carnivor.

Nutrition aside (man this is hard!) you need intake that will facilitate you taking a crap, ie, fiber. So, beans are your friends! Eat them w/ every meal, they'll fill in the gap you'll have if you go all meat and carbs. They're cheap too.

Also, as has been said, delete sugar. You'll be getting plenty from the carbs you'll be eating (which convert quickly to sugars); added sugar, which is in quantity in pretty much everything processed, will be your bane. It's not easy, read labels, but do it.

And unsolicited advice that you didn't say you didn't want take up cooking! I started about 15 years ago and it's one of the best things I ever did. I found I like things I never did in the past just by cooking them differently and adding the right spices. Not kidding - it makes all the difference.

I hate talking about "healthy eating." It devolves into superstition, paranoia and obsessions. My philosophy was always this: Food Is Fuel. Nothing more. (Want to piss off a foodie, say that to them with conviction! :D) Like any fuel tho what it is makes a difference. Sure you can burn tires to heat your home. And you'll be nice and toasty. But the downsides...

Avoiding advice OP specifically doesn't want is hard, because I simply wouldn't trust a diet w/o vegetables. Married to a nurse who taught nutrition in her long a varied career. And not a nut job - loves her eggs, cheese, burgers and rib eye as much as any carnivor.

Nutrition aside (man this is hard!) you need intake that will facilitate you taking a crap, ie, fiber. So, beans are your friends! Eat them w/ every meal, they'll fill in the gap you'll have if you go all meat and carbs. They're cheap too.

Also, as has been said, delete sugar. You'll be getting plenty from the carbs you'll be eating (which convert quickly to sugars); added sugar, which is in quantity in pretty much everything processed, will be your bane. It's not easy, read labels, but do it.

And unsolicited advice that you didn't say you didn't want take up cooking! I started about 15 years ago and it's one of the best things I ever did. I found I like things I never did in the past just by cooking them differently and adding the right spices. Not kidding - it makes all the difference.

I hate talking about "healthy eating." It devolves into superstition, paranoia and obsessions. My philosophy was always this: Food Is Fuel. Nothing more. (Want to piss off a foodie, say that to them with conviction! :D) Like any fuel tho what it is makes a difference. Sure you can burn tires to heat your home. And you'll be nice and toasty. But the downsides...
They've found that people that consume beans regularly have the healthiest gut flora/biome.

I'm no expert, I just play one on CNN. That said, you could probably have a diet of just meat and be "healthy" but we aren't obligate carnivores and aren't designed for it.

It is my unproven theory that most people who don't like vegetables have not been exposed to any that have been properly prepared.
Canned anything (but especially spinach) is ugly. Of course you are going to think spinach sucks if all you have ever had was canned.
Overcooked & mushy is another way to guarantee that the product will be ugly.
The main benefit of veggies is not just calorie density, but the necessary phytochemicals and fiber.
Having a garden is the best way to enjoy plant-based comestibles. Anything is better fresh - both in terms of flavor and nutrition.
I'm glad you said most, because there are certain vegetables that, no matter how you cook them, are just vile. How anyone can enjoy cauliflower is beyond me. My dog had a cast on her foot for three weeks and ran it through mud, dirt and God knows what else. When it finally came off, the smell was just awful. I knew right away that I'd smelled that smell before. Cauliflower! Boiled, baked, sautéed, doesn't matter, whatever you do it, it's still going to smell like 3 week old rancid dog foot sweat. You people are crazy. :D And don't get me started on brussel sprouts...

just move to Northern Alaska and eat like the locals :)

tumblr_inline_o9frh8VzTP1qz8o02_1280.jpg

I'm glad you said most, because there are certain vegetables that, no matter how you cook them, are just vile. How anyone can enjoy cauliflower is beyond me. My dog had a cast on her foot for three weeks and ran it through mud, dirt and God knows what else. When it finally came off, the smell was just awful. I knew right away that I'd smelled that smell before. Cauliflower! Boiled, baked, sautéed, doesn't matter, whatever you do it, it's still going to smell like 3 week old rancid dog foot sweat. You people are crazy. :D And don't get me started on brussel sprouts...

Try roasting brussel sprouts in a cast iron pan tossed with some bacon fat to prevent them from sticking. A bit of garlic will help alleviate the smell of most things and add a layer of flavor.
When i was kid my family used to douse b-sprouts in red wine vinegar after they boiled the crap out of them. I couldnt ever eat them that way now.

Just the other night i threw a couple into a smoothie for an experiment. Not bad. I could barely taste em.

Last Edited:
Try roasting brussel sprouts in a cast iron pan tossed with some bacon fat to prevent them from sticking. A bit of garlic will help alleviate the smell of most things and add a layer of flavor.
When i was kid my family used to douse b-sprouts in red wine vinegar after they boiled the crap out of them. I couldnt ever eat them that way now.

Just the other night i through a couple into a smoothie for an experiment. Not bad. I could barely taste em.
Sorry, if I have to do all that to get them to not stink (they're still going to taste like an old sock), I can just sauté or broil some green beans. Now there's a proper vegetable. Delicious any way you cook them, anywhere from raw to almost mushy or crunchy, and doesn't make your house smell like a locker room. :D

Just the other night i through a couple into a smoothie for an experiment. Not bad. I could barely taste em.

So, if you add bacon and garlic, you can't tell you're eating brussel sprouts? Why not just eat bacon?

So, if you add bacon and garlic, you can't tell you're eating brussel sprouts? Why not just eat bacon?

I stated nowhere about adding bacon.
We use a bacon grease to cook with frequently. It is one of many lubricants that aid with flavor and sticking of food to cast iron pans. Which we use exclusively.
Fats if used in moderation are not the worst thing to consume.

De gustibus non desputandum est.

There are veggies I can't stand (like beets).
I hate beets.. but back when i was doing juices, i used to love putting them in.. added a odd sweetness to it.. that and Ginger, i have been using fresh ginger is about everything.. really liking that peppery burn it has.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top