JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Veggies provide the nutrient density you need.
Calories aren't everything otherwise we could live off of sugar, vegetable oil and caesin.

I wonder how much nutrients fruits have compared to vegetables... I love me fresh fruits. Fyi... you can survive on pine nuts, inner bark, and needle teas, as long as it isnt Ponderosa Pine or one other pine shrub :rolleyes: Most pines have a decent amount of vit c and other nutrients.
Leafy greens and root vegetables can be good

Try roasting brussel sprouts in a cast iron pan tossed with some bacon fat to prevent them from sticking. A bit of garlic will help alleviate the smell of most things and add a layer of flavor.

Probably shouldn't admit this after my last comment, but I have to confess that my wife has done almost exactly this, fried with spices, and they are edible. And the smell is much reduced.

Not a fave by any stretch, and I still call them ST, much to her chagrin.

We use a bacon grease to cook with frequently. It is one of many lubricants that aid with flavor and sticking of food to cast iron pans. Which we use exclusively.
Fats if used in moderation are not the worst thing to consume.

Cast iron. Easily my favorite way to cook. We keep a jar of bacon fat in the fridge, it's a *great* oil to cook with.

Jeez hijacked into a cooking thread. lol

Probably shouldn't admit this after my last comment, but I have to confess that my wife has done almost exactly this, fried with spices, and they are edible. And the smell is much reduced.

This is the preferred way to make them. I have some in the fridge for tomorrow night.

One of my favorite things veggie wise is roasting them in cast iron. Something about the long cook time and a bit of caramelization. Next to a big ol ribeye on the plate.

One of my favorite things veggie wise is roasting them in cast iron. Something about the long cook time and a bit of caramelization. Next to a big ol ribeye on the plate.
You do that with some onions and mushrooms and we are going to agree on something. :) I certainly wouldn't whine if some peppers or potatoes found their way into that pan either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top