JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If your fishing the Chehalis and putting your boat in or parking at the Fuller Launch (just abovethe mouth of the Satsop) be on alert. The tweakers have been breaking into rigs left and right. There are also reports of vehicles being broken into at the Satsop Twin Bridges, and latest reports came from the Highway launch on the Humptulips. The Sheriffs Department and the WDFW have been informed but as we know there just aren't enough deputies or fish and wildlife officers to cover the entire area.

These guys seem pretty desperate and are literally breaking into the rigs the minute the owners are walking away from them. It's only a matter of time before a confrontation happens, so keep an eye out for yourself and the guys around you.

Stay safe!
CS

In 1985 I returned to my rig that was parked on a river outside of Seattle. The side was jacked up and the lug nuts were on the ground; guess it was perfect timing that day.
Now, wherever i park, i factor in a half-hour of time for me to double back and sit on a viewpoint for awhile.
Can you say permanent limp?:s0155:

In 1985 I returned to my rig that was parked on a river outside of Seattle. The side was jacked up and the lug nuts were on the ground; guess it was perfect timing that day.
Now, wherever i park, i factor in a half-hour of time for me to double back and sit on a viewpoint for awhile.
Can you say permanent limp?:s0155:

As mad as some guys are getting, a permanent limp will probably be the least some of these guys will get if caught.

Unfortunately, it is happening everywhere. Fishermen are definitely being targeted. It's a matter of time until someone has to defend another angler's rig that is being broken into.

My truck was stolen last year while I was fishing. Middle of the day, at a park. No firearms allowed at the park but let's just say IF I was carrying, I don't know what would have happened had I come back and interrupted the crime. I hope I never have to draw my weapon.

Oh, and my other truck the year before got it's catalytic converter stripped when I was fishing. Oh, and my house got broken into several months after that when I was gone for days at a time.....wait for it.... fishing. :(

When you are at trail heads or fishing areas, look around.. tons of glass from all the break-ins. SUCKS.

My truck was stolen last year while I was fishing. Middle of the day, at a park. No firearms allowed at the park but let's just say IF I was carrying, I don't know what would have happened had I come back and interrupted the crime. I hope I never have to draw my weapon.

Oh, and my other truck the year before got it's catalytic converter stripped when I was fishing. Oh, and my house got broken into several months after that when I was gone for days at a time.....wait for it.... fishing. :(

Dang!

Remind me not to go fishing with you. :D

Did you at least catch anything?

In '86-87 I came back to my truck parked on the Deschutes in Bend to discover a shattered window and my GF's hidden purse had been stolen. We came back home to Portland where she made calls to turn off all her credit cards (and report her military ID and driver's license stolen). We made another quick trip to Bend the next day to recover her empty purse found by police on the road near Lava Butte.

A month later, she got her Union 76 bill with a half dozen gas card purchases made after the theft. She disputed those, got them dropped, and requested the tissue credit sales slips (still in use at the time). I was thrilled to see the gas attendant had printed the license plate number of the thief's car on each one. Same number on all 5-6 receipts. I called the police in Bend, asking who wanted the evidence. For no lack of trying on my part, our brief exchange resulted in this:

- They didn't want them.
- They would do nothing about it if I sent them.
- "Probably just some kids joyriding in their parent's car."

Makes my blood boil every time I drive through there and see a radar car hiding by the road, trying to catch me being careless.

Why not get a few guys together, set up a sting and catch them red handed? A taser could yield up a citizen's arrest for felony attempted Grand Theft Auto..

Why not get a few guys together, set up a sting and catch them red handed? A taser could yield up a citizen's arrest for felony attempted Grand Theft Auto..

Back in my college days my best friend who graduated year before me, got a job and his first new car. It was stolen 3 times within a few months. I actually thought it would be a good idea to do a sting using his car as bait, and having it flanked by 2 vans loaded up with guys. Grab the would be car thief, blind fold him and then drive him about 4 hours into wilderness where he would be left naked as a new born. I bet he would not steal another car again.
We never did it do it... but damn I hate thieves.

Back in my college days my best friend who graduated year before me, got a job and his first new car. It was stolen 3 times within a few months. I actually thought it would be a good idea to do a sting using his car as bait, and having it flanked by 2 vans loaded up with guys. Grab the would be car thief, blind fold him and then drive him about 4 hours into wilderness where he would be left naked as a new born. I bet he would not steal another car again.
We never did it do it... but damn I hate thieves.

I had my prize Honda 750 Supersport stolen out of my apartment parking lot by meth heads way back in the early 1980s so I understand the rage and helplessness

As mad as some guys are getting, a permanent limp will probably be the least some of these guys will get if caught.

Can you say crab bait? hehehehe

Hey out here they have a older couple that transfers the cars down river for the drift boats.They charge $20 a rig.Now think about how much earlier you have to get up and the extra gas for the second rig and so on.Cheap really.

Maybe you have a couple guys that want to sit in the lot for a couple hours for some fish or money? One guy sitting there cleaning a shotgun should deter most tweekers.

Can you say crab bait? hehehehe

Hey out here they have a older couple that transfers the cars down river for the drift boats.They charge $20 a rig.Now think about how much earlier you have to get up and the extra gas for the second rig and so on.Cheap really.

Maybe you have a couple guys that want to sit in the lot for a couple hours for some fish or money? One guy sitting there cleaning a shotgun should deter most tweekers.

+1

Yes, but they weren't called "meth-heads" back then...

Wow, that was eye opening. I have never heard of it until maybe the late 1990s, and yet a little research showed that it was first synthesized in Japan in the late 1800s and used heavily during WWII. That just really blows my mind.
Considering that this is really the most disgusting and nasty of all the common drugs, I cannot believe that people would actually even try this crap.

Wow, that was eye opening. I have never heard of it until maybe the late 1990s, and yet a little research showed that it was first synthesized in Japan in the late 1800s and used heavily during WWII. That just really blows my mind.
Considering that this is really the most disgusting and nasty of all the common drugs, I cannot believe that people would actually even try this crap.

I read that Hitler and his high command were using a form of meth. If its true it sure would explain many of the decisions they made militarily.
In my neck of the woods (Grays Harbor County) I can remember hearing about meth as early as 76 -77, but we are considered the armpit of the PNW so it shouldn't be too surprising that people around here were using it then.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top