JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the impression from their policies/etc., that they are not particularly receptive towards private transfers. Some of the personnel were fine, but still had to enforce their policies. My bet is that the owner sees transfers as a nuisance and is trying to discourage that aspect of the business. He would be better off just adopting a policy of not doing private transfers at all - the effect will be the same.
They average about 300 transfers a month.

I have not, but the times I did not was back in the mid 70s and some guns I bought before BGCs were required (2015).
I guess I am a spring chicken, my first firearm purchase was from Bimart in the mid to late 90s. Funny thing is I was a cheap dastard from the very beginning and the first rifle was a green tag rifle:)

They average about 300 transfers a month.
I believe it. During casual conversation with one of their long time employees he indicated that the majority of their income was made on transfers. I have done quite a few transfers there (including one with you) and I have rarely seen anybody in there doing something other than a transfer.

I have rarely seen anything in a pawn shop that I would want to buy other than guns.

If they make any money off that stuff, it is probably when the owner comes back to reclaim it and pays off the loan. I know a guy who regularly did that - despite making pretty decent income, he wasn't very good at how he managed his finances.

I have rarely seen anything in a pawn shop that I would want to buy other than guns.

If they make any money off that stuff, it is probably when the owner comes back to reclaim it and pays off the loan. I know a guy who regularly did that - despite making pretty decent income, he wasn't very good at how he managed his finances.
I can't specifically say this about the tigard store , but I've got a half dozen things I regularly hunt for in pawnshops.
The row on Ponders across the freeway from the base has been a gold mine over the decades. And my own former "home " pawnshop has provided many little gems as well.

Having a gun sent to a FFL and not notifying them it's coming is a crappy move, the folks there are dealing with a ton of firearms that show up and they have no clue why it's there. Common sense says let the FFL your having a firearm sent to know that it's coming and give as much info as possible, I just ordered a firearm to them for the first time, and first thing I did was call to let them know it's on the way, it's not difficult.
I find it really depends on how they run their processes and the volume of business they do. I've known some FFL's that are ok with it because they have a process to handle that kind of volume and don't really buy new inventory of their own to get mixed up with transfers. Large volume FFL's actually have their FFL's on file with major sellers like Bud's, Gunbroker, Classic, etc... so they pretty much expect a steady stream of orders without needing the life story for each recipient.

I find it really depends on how they run their processes and the volume of business they do. I've known some FFL's that are ok with it because they have a process to handle that kind of volume and don't really buy new inventory of their own to get mixed up with transfers. Large volume FFL's actually have their FFL's on file with major sellers like Bud's, Gunbroker, Classic, etc... so they pretty much expect a steady stream of orders without needing the life story for each recipient.
I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs than deal with Bud's, Classic, or Gunbroker again.

Yep. You don't have to worry about liability should that weapon ever be used in a crime either by the buyer or somebody else. I require FFL transfers for all my private sales even though MT doesn't require it.
Well... I suppose this is not the topic to debate the merits of those ideas and I don't want to derail... so I suppose I'll just laugh.

Yep. You don't have to worry about liability should that weapon ever be used in a crime either by the buyer or somebody else. I require FFL transfers for all my private sales even though MT doesn't require it.
I remember when I used to think it was okay to jump through hoops to exercise my rights…

I remember when I used to think it was okay to jump through hoops to exercise my rights…
Funny that!
Imaging the CRY if folks had to jump through hoops just to have a kid!
Back ground checks, finger prints, fees, taxes, permissions from the city, county, state, fed. gov. No drug use, no domestic violence, no felony's! Wow, almost seems like that would be an infringement our our right to procreate!

Funny that!
Imaging the CRY if folks had to jump through hoops just to have a kid!
Back ground checks, finger prints, fees, taxes, permissions from the city, county, state, fed. gov. No drug use, no domestic violence, no felony's! Wow, almost seems like that would be an infringement our our right to procreate!
And no detachable diapers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top