JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not all models are on sale but some are 40% off (one is over 50% off). Check description to verify if it is D2 steel not Aus 8 (older models).

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I like these, although not US made, they are not from communist China, either. Made in Taiwan
Agree. Spyderco's best quality control/best fit & finish knives come from Taiwan, and Golden Colorado factory is second (as reported by the experts, not me). Cold steel knives are almost exclusively made in Taiwan and they are excellent imo. Seems like Taiwan may be one of the best places in terms of quality control at the moment.

Last Edited:
Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered the brass-scaled strike. For $29.99 it's worth the experiment for me. By experiment I mean I want to try to force a patina onto the brass. Also I want to countersink the fire button to allow easier opening (kalashnikovs have this). I am not a fan of the blade style or the stonewash finish though so maybe I'll sand that all off or ?

The brass one is different from the other strikes in that is almost twice as heavy at 8.4 oz (will not be an edc for me), has brass scales with no texturing, has no safety and a recessed button that some find hard to use.

Here is an example of forced patina on brass flashlights and how he did it if anyone is interested. Should be a fun project I hope. They had copper scaled versions also but those are sold out.

0E61CA74-9A37-4A13-A8AE-856ADCEEA860.png
C5409E30-225D-4BF4-8BC3-D3B87079F031.png
Knife pic, I hope to change the look completely so it's a good test mule ha ha. I have the tanto partially serrated black one and love it. Only mods I did to that one is a bit of reprofiling to make a thinner tip just for giggles.
0A9E1CE5-2ED7-4A2B-BA9A-130875F65342.png

Last Edited:

Keep those knife deals coming!

Any thoughts on this Boker? Free shipping , and no WA sales tax to the Inslee agenda.

Cutlery Shoppe
I haven't used that one so can't comment really. I would suggest checking multiple sites for reviews on it. I think if there is any blade wobble or slow opening people will mention it in reviews often.

D2 steel is nice though. Not a super steel but for me much better edge retention than the lower end steels and better than 154CM imo. I consider it comparable to VG-10.

One thing that is interesting is a lot of these boker auto knives are also sold as manual folders. You can buy and install a spring to make them auto. As I understand it Boker manufactures all of them as manual knives then the retailer (or a third party) converts them to auto.probably due to laws against switchblades in Germany?

Edge retention and hardness of some knife steels FYI. D2 and vg10 in green and some other common ones in blue. Edge retention is the y axis.
9CD981AA-010C-4607-98C0-D758CAF8F49F.jpeg

Just to update in case anyone cares about reviews/feedback type info... received 3 boker strikes today so here is review info:

1) springs- all have strong springs. note that I bought one strike from bladeops and it had a very weak spring and I returned it. Imo bladehq uses strong springs (I have 4 strikes from them) and bladeops uses weak springs - based on my one sample and reviews on their site only.

2) blade play - zero horizontal or vertical play in the 4 strikes from bladehq. Have 3 kalashnikovs from there also and no blade play. Fwiw I do mean zero blade play, not barely noticeable blade play.

3)weight - brass one is twice as heavy as the others. Too heavy for edc carry for me but I didn't buy it for that. Kind of like holding a 4" piece of basalt rock in terms of weight for the brass one. Brass one is harder to push button compared to the other strikes that have a protruding button and safety. I'm going to countersink the buttonnhole on brass one similar to how they do with the kalashnikovs. Weight of normal aluminum scale strikes is 4.7 oz. ; weight of regular size kalashnikov is 3.5 oz as I recall. I like both but strike feels better in my hand.

4) "stonewash"blade on this brass one is good. It's hardly noticeable.more like a satin type finish. On the one I bought from bladeops that i returns I hated it. It was like white bleached kind of.

5) wear - Note that the anodizing on aluminum handles/scales will wear off on high areas with normal use for both strike and kalashnikov. Black handles can be touched up but I'm not aware of any way to touch up green or other colored ones. Some people don't care about that but if u do that's why I mention it.

6) "recoil". Bowie blade is thin and light so it doesn't hit as hard when opening (not talking about blade speed) as the tanto blades or clip point blades. Tanto and clip point feel perfect for me and Bowie is a bit lighter feel in terms of "recoil". Bowie blade speed feels a hair faster and higher tone sound when opening. Tanto and clip point feel slightly slower and have a slightly lower tone when opening. I think most people will like the Bowie feel better as it's more similar to the kalashnikov knives "snap". Tanto knives are much thicker blade and tip is not as thin as bowie. I like tanto blade for all around beat-on/cut everything. The bowie blade is better for fine cutting imo but I haven't beat on that type of blade yet so just a guess.

7) box/cases I could care less about this but include it for completeness. Some strikes come with smal box and no zip up case. Some come in big box with high quality zip up case. Of the 5 I received 2 had the big box with case. Those 2 were both tanto blades. Probably they changed to smaller box to save production costs I would guess. Pic included for those who may care (I don't). Cheers!

883BEDFB-0E11-49CA-B6B9-13CE294B8BA6.jpeg
7636DEAA-29B5-46AE-8646-83AE9A397139.jpeg

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top