JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen their prices on things pre Covid and they seem to be a elitist shop selling overpriced stuff.
Just like anything you should shop around, but I don't find it to be the case. Most items are competitively priced and a decent inventory for a small shop.
I was shopping for a Glock19x last month and they were $50 cheaper then one of the big chains and $150 cheaper then another LGS which all had it in stock.
I don't get that "elitist feel" when I shop there but I guess you would have to shop there to know for sure.
I've talk to the owner several times, he seems like a straight shooter and I'm sure he will own the mistake.

The Geissele Reaction Rod or the similar tool mentioned above are the quality method of working on AR-15 barrels. But as stated above not useful for the 15-22.

I've bought a rifle from them. Everything went as smooth as can be expected with excellent customer service. Only problem I had was they wanted to charge me $17 for an extractor an spring. Lol. I still like the place though. Like most LGS, they've been dealing with a lot during the pandemic.

I'll definitely hit him up for future work. If they have to replace the upper as a unit and it comes with a flash hider installed I'll need need it removed! Full circle.

Yeah I don't have anything bad to say about them and I'm glad they're there. I only have this one issue and that their website over sells their ability and brought me to this post. I'll continue to buy from the shelves but, not much confidence in their smithing service.
I know my limitations. I Would rather let a pro do the tritium sights on a M&P and remove a flash hider from a barrel in a composite receiver so I went there. I'm sure everything will work out. I didn't notice but, I'm sure if there's any question on their part they have cameras and a time stamp on my receipt to review footage along with the email string with their employee/gunsmith.

Hey Gang,

I was just made aware of this thread. I'm not sure what happened or who did it yet but obviously something went sideways. We will take care of bellarum on this one if it was our fault...if not we will probably anyways. I haven't had a chance to see the upper. People make mistakes guys...it happens. All you can do is own it, take care of the customer, keep the customer, and move forward. Isn't that what we all do every day in life? It's amazing how fast people will call someone an "idiot" over trying to help a customer....or assuming that we know everything all the time. Working on mechanical things can sometimes go sideways...its the name of the game. We won't hang you out Bellarum. I don't monitor these forums very often but if any of you have concerns about how we are handling this situation please send me an email.

[email protected]
Owner

Hey Gang,

I was just made aware of this thread. I'm not sure what happened or who did it yet but obviously something went sideways. We will take care of bellarum on this one if it was our fault...if not we will probably anyways. I haven't had a chance to see the upper. People make mistakes guys...it happens. All you can do is own it, take care of the customer, keep the customer, and move forward. Isn't that what we all do every day in life? It's amazing how fast people will call someone an "idiot" over trying to help a customer....or assuming that we know everything all the time. Working on mechanical things can sometimes go sideways...its the name of the game. We won't hang you out Bellarum. I don't monitor these forums very often but if any of you have concerns about how we are handling this situation please send me an email.

[email protected]
Owner

Josh, whether it was your fault or not, I appreciate you coming on and joining the conversation. Hopefully we can all remain civil while you and the OP reach an amicable resolution to this issue.

Get yourself some of these. Changing out your muzzle device will be a piece of cake. They are very useful if wanting to install an aftermarket barrel too. Pickup the barrel nut converter while you are at it, and then you'll be able to run any standard AR handguard on your 15-22. :)

Oregon Rifle Works has contacted me directly and together we are getting this resolved. I won't be responding to this thread until it is and I'll let you know. Like I made clear from the beginning of this thread and several times in replies; I don't have any ill will towards them and I think that they are great people. I will continue doing business there. Hell I made a small purchase before I left the store that day.

They've always been great to me and are a go-to for rifle builds. I'm confident this will turn out good for everyone involved. :)

Sorry you have to deal with that. I've never had a single bad experience with that store. They typically do small jobs like that without me even calling ahead and have never charged me for stuff that small.

I'm not familiar with how 15-22s are setup so I'm not sure if they did the process correctly or not. I'm confident they'll work it out and make it right with you.

But, let us know how it goes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads