Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heads-up:7 Sept 2013 SeaTimes, petitions inserted asking for I-594 participation

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by GunnyG, Sep 5, 2013.

1. GunnyG

GunnyG The Highlands Active Member

This rotating ad banner is running on the ST website, right now. These are in the banner and side columns of the online edition of the 5 Sept 2013 Seattle Times, with petitions being inserted and asking for participation in an I-594 drive this Saturday:

ST-20130905-WAGR1.jpg ST-20130905-WAGR2.jpg ST-20130905-WAGR3.jpg ST-20130905-WAGR4.jpg ST-20130905-WAGR5.jpg

ST-20130905-WAGR1.jpg

ST-20130905-WAGR2.jpg

ST-20130905-WAGR3.jpg

ST-20130905-WAGR4.jpg

ST-20130905-WAGR5.jpg

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

They really are going all out on this! I wonder how much of Dumberg's money they're going to spend?

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

3. GunnyG

GunnyG The Highlands Active Member

Hopefully, every red cent, leaving him homeless and destitute >:-D

4. bilge pump

bilge pump Federal Way WA Member

The Seattle Times should recognize that this is a good reason for second amendment supporting subscribers to their newspaper to cancel their subscriptions.

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Were these ads/inserts paid for by I-594 or the Seattle Times? That was my first question.

6. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

read the story and you will find the answer....(I-594 paid for them)

Now read this:

Gun control initiative in newspapers raises ruckus

Stuffing newspapers with copies of petitions is not a new tactic, but the ploy is getting attention today from readers of the Seattle Times, which erroneously reported Sunday that the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation is sponsoring a counter measure, Initiative 591.

Gun control initiative in newspapers raises ruckus - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

It seems that the writers of various state constitutions have missed a very important prohibition - foreign (as in from outside the state) individuals and entities to having any sort of ability to be involved in state's political and legal affairs.

Bloomberg can screw up New York as much as he likes and I could not care less. However that little troll needs to keep his nose out of other states' affairs.

8. Both Eyes Open

Both Eyes Open Hood Canal Active Member

I would like to see something in I 591 that prohibits the recording of serial numbers on background checks. Seems like a reasonable preventative measure.

9. Dave Workman

Without 591, there would only be 594 on the ballot and facing the legislature. You prefer that?!!!

With one measure on the ballot, it is going to pass, regardless what you and I might want. At least, that's what people tell me.

With two measures on the ballot, maybe they don't get so lucky.

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Well I591 was filed first.
    Still waiting to see if all the I591's are turned in from the I594 organizers!! Want to take bets on that happening? What better way to sabotage I591 then by getting people to sign it, then "forgetting" to turn them in? I had one sig gatherer show me the I594 first and ask for a sig, told her there was no way I'd sign that one so she then showed me the I591 and wanted me to sign. I told her I wanted to sign one I knew would be turned in!

GunnyG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Dave Workman

Recall, rally and their importance to gun owners nationally

Tomorrow’s recall election aimed at two anti-gun rights Colorado state senators and Wednesday’s veto override rally in Missouri have considerable importance beyond the borders of those states, including Washington, where two initiatives to the legislature are in a qualification race with more than three months remaining to gather signatures.

Recall, rally and their importance to gun owners nationally - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com