Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heading to the range tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Heading out to Douglas Ridge tomorrow. Taking the DW CBOB .45ACP, the Sig 229 9mm, and the AR. Should be grins. :D

2. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

2 new guns, and haven't shot them yet because OT and home chores... i jealous... enjoy

3. Cougfan2

Have shot the CBOB many times and love it, just have not shot the Sig229 until today. Just functioned checked the 229 with a box of ammo. Not really pleased with the accuracy, but I think it is more me than the gun at this point as I am just more used to 1911's.

4. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I didn't have much luck with the Sigs I shot either, don't know if it's me or them, just that I probably will never buy one, just cause I can do better with something else. I've been trying to get a lot of shooting in before the weather changes.

5. Cougfan2

I need to spend more time with the Sig before I pass final judgement. I really think it is more me than the gun as I am so used to 1911's. Even the single action pull on the Sig feels much different than my 1911's. If I end up not keeping the Sig it will be because I have decided to buy another 1911.

6. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

I don't have a Sig, but if I did, I wouldn't judge it against my DW CBOB. I daily carry my Kahr P45 and have gotten used to it's DA. It's a good accurate pistol. But after I shoot my CBOB, the P45 feels, well...inadequate.
    Glad to hear you got to go shooting.:thumbup:Enjoy both pistols. Maybe a DW CCO is in your future?:)

Will

7. Cougfan2

Yeah, I know they're completely different pistols. I am considering another 1911, but with what CZ did with pricing for the new DW line if I get another 1911 I'll spend just a few hundred more and get something like an Ed Brown. Don't get me wrong. I think the DW's are great guns, but they were a bargain for the quality you got when I bought mine a couple of years ago. They're still great pistols, but I don't see the extra value for the much higher prices for the current models.

8. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

That is where I run into problems is the trigger. I have predominantly owned nothing but 1911's so any thing with the long trigger or the "reset" is hard for me to get used to. I just got a XD45 Compact. So far I love this thing, just going to take a bit to get used the feel of the trigger. Put 300 rd through it this weekend and it's growing on me.:thumbup:

9. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

You might try getting a short reset trigger installed on your sig.
    Custom Shop Services

10. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

You mean my XD. I am looking into the springer trigger. It doesn't really affect my performance with the gun, just feels weird. I just run into the same issue with the Sig's.