JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have shot the CBOB many times and love it, just have not shot the Sig229 until today. Just functioned checked the 229 with a box of ammo. Not really pleased with the accuracy, but I think it is more me than the gun at this point as I am just more used to 1911's.

I didn't have much luck with the Sigs I shot either, don't know if it's me or them, just that I probably will never buy one, just cause I can do better with something else. I've been trying to get a lot of shooting in before the weather changes.

I need to spend more time with the Sig before I pass final judgement. I really think it is more me than the gun as I am so used to 1911's. Even the single action pull on the Sig feels much different than my 1911's. If I end up not keeping the Sig it will be because I have decided to buy another 1911.

I don't have a Sig, but if I did, I wouldn't judge it against my DW CBOB. I daily carry my Kahr P45 and have gotten used to it's DA. It's a good accurate pistol. But after I shoot my CBOB, the P45 feels, well...inadequate.
Glad to hear you got to go shooting.:s0155:Enjoy both pistols. Maybe a DW CCO is in your future?:)

Will

I don't have a Sig, but if I did, I wouldn't judge it against my DW CBOB. I daily carry my Kahr P45 and have gotten used to it's DA. It's a good accurate pistol. But after I shoot my CBOB, the P45 feels, well...inadequate.
Glad to hear you got to go shooting.:s0155:Enjoy both pistols. Maybe a DW CCO is in your future?:)

Will

Yeah, I know they're completely different pistols. I am considering another 1911, but with what CZ did with pricing for the new DW line if I get another 1911 I'll spend just a few hundred more and get something like an Ed Brown. Don't get me wrong. I think the DW's are great guns, but they were a bargain for the quality you got when I bought mine a couple of years ago. They're still great pistols, but I don't see the extra value for the much higher prices for the current models.

I need to spend more time with the Sig before I pass final judgement. I really think it is more me than the gun as I am so used to 1911's. Even the single action pull on the Sig feels much different than my 1911's. If I end up not keeping the Sig it will be because I have decided to buy another 1911.

That is where I run into problems is the trigger. I have predominantly owned nothing but 1911's so any thing with the long trigger or the "reset" is hard for me to get used to. I just got a XD45 Compact. So far I love this thing, just going to take a bit to get used the feel of the trigger. Put 300 rd through it this weekend and it's growing on me.:s0155:

That is where I run into problems is the trigger. I have predominantly owned nothing but 1911's so any thing with the long trigger or the "reset" is hard for me to get used to. I just got a XD45 Compact. So far I love this thing, just going to take a bit to get used the feel of the trigger. Put 300 rd through it this weekend and it's growing on me.:s0155:

You might try getting a short reset trigger installed on your sig.
Custom Shop Services

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads