1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. Dismiss Notice

Heading from Portland, OR to Port Townsend, WA. Anywhere to shoot outside on the way?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by guywithFX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. guywithFX

guywithFX Portland/Corvallis, OR New Member

Hey guys and gals!

I'm headed to Port Townsend this weekend to go camping and wanted to know if you know of any outdoor spots that I could go workout my new XDm that I picked up earlier this week. I'm heading up I-5 though Olympia and then heading west up 101 to Port Townsend and avoid the ferry. I know the Olympic National Park is close by but I'm not sure what the shooting situation is like there as I haven't visited in about 10 years now.

This is the route I'm taking via google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...AdOu-Cn9tpHSpOmPVDHAgAa16mnm9Q&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know it's last minute, just thought I might bring some toys up north with me this trip. THANKS!

2. xVern

xVern Silverdale, wa Member

I pm'd you with a spot. There are some others but im not 100% sure who owns the land, so i wont offer those as i dont want to get anyone in trouble.