1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heading from Portland, OR to Port Townsend, WA. Anywhere to shoot outside on the way?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by guywithFX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. guywithFX

guywithFX Portland/Corvallis, OR New Member

I'm headed to Port Townsend this weekend to go camping and wanted to know if you know of any outdoor spots that I could go workout my new XDm that I picked up earlier this week. I'm heading up I-5 though Olympia and then heading west up 101 to Port Townsend and avoid the ferry. I know the Olympic National Park is close by but I'm not sure what the shooting situation is like there as I haven't visited in about 10 years now.

This is the route I'm taking via google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...AdOu-Cn9tpHSpOmPVDHAgAa16mnm9Q&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know it's last minute, just thought I might bring some toys up north with me this trip. THANKS!
  2. xVern

xVern Silverdale, wa Member

I pm'd you with a spot. There are some others but im not 100% sure who owns the land, so i wont offer those as i dont want to get anyone in trouble.