Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Headed to Eagle Crest in January and Need a Place to Shoot

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by osterr1999, Dec 6, 2012.

1. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

I am headed to Eagle Crest in January and would like to find a place that is nearby to shoot. I know that there is a gun club in Redmond, but I would like to shoot on public land if possible. I know some of you guys live over there, so give me some ideas. Thanks.

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

There are thousands of acres of BLM within just a few miles of Eagle Crest where you can shoot. Check google maps for BLM vs. private lands in the nearby areas. It's not like Seattle or Portland over here, you only have to drive a few short miles to get to where you can shoot all you want and nobody will care.

3. osterr1999

I know that there are a lot of places, but I thought maybe someone would share some of their favorite places near there. Directions are always welcome too.

4. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

5. osterr1999

BVB, thanks for the map. I would even be happy if someone was willing to pm me directions to a good spot. I always bring two trash bags with me, one for my stuff and one for the stuff others leave behind. Last time I went out I brought back a tv that someone used for a target and abandoned.

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Pm sent

7. osterr1999

Thank you to those that have PM'd me.

8. feetchermancj

feetchermancj Central Oregon Member

If anyone wants to pm me about these same shooting spots that would be great! I just recently moved to the same area and am looking for a good spot. Thanks.

9. Cidian

Cidian Redmond, OR Member

I also would be grateful for a any PM to shooting spots around the Eagle Crest area as I live in Redmond. Thank you