JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like the trolls and imposters got ran out pretty quick by there own stupidity and being taken apart because of it. I do not really know what they would expect to again except maybe a good though like " Do not f with these guys".

The day I have to pass a background check to convince others of my positions to post on a site is the day I am gone.

I didn't think Mary Jane was legal down there yet? "What choo smokin' Wallace?

I have posted 800+ times but only have 2 feedbacks... Why you ask? Well the majority of WTS things are in Oregon or Washougal or Vancouver which kinda kills the deal by the time ya figure in fuel round trip although I have been known to ride to Vinopolis in Portland for a great deal on wine. I did drive to Washougal to sell my Colt King Cobra (I still regret that sale....) Does this make me a troll?

That said, I know where the OP is coming from because I've seen it on another well known site that I'm a part of. Sadly we have to live with the troll under the bridge so don't go making any comments about whacking obummer or they might come out from under the bridge with handcuffs.

Heck with it... PARTY ON DUDES!!!:cool:

Like all good "conspiracies", there are kernels of truth to what the OP says about anti-2A infiltration, and some bizarro postings. Case in point; I just got a PM today from someone named "Lapper" in CT (with a ZERO post count) asking if a Ruger Deerfield could be suppressed the same as the 77/44.... WTF? I had to google up both of those rifles just to see what they were, and I've never purported myself as any kind of gunsmith.... ever.

I also noticed you can't look up a memeber's sign-up date anymore.

This photo is NOT pertinent to this thread, but I thought it was funny.... so here it is. :D

image.jpg

Stomper, you signed up December 25th 2008. Click on the name and it's in the box that pops up after "Member Since"....In 2.0 and 3.0.

Yeah, I knew about that feature but it wasn't available yesterday, I SWEAR!

That's weird... Now that info is back in again. That "Lapper" guy has been a memeber since "yesterday" and still has ZERO post count..... I love you, NSA!

image.jpg

I just got a PM today from someone named "Lapper" in CT (with a ZERO post count) asking if a Ruger Deerfield could be suppressed the same as the 77/44.... WTF? I had to google up both of those rifles just to see what they were, and I've never purported myself as any kind of gunsmith.... ever.

That is odd. Did you respond to him?

That is odd. Did you respond to him?

Sure did....

I'm no gunsmith or suppressor engineer by any means, but in my experience anything is possible, it just depends how much money you have to throw at it. The Deerfield is a short-stroke gas piston action very similar to the M-1 carbine and very similar to the Mini-14 in appearance/design.

The 77/44 is a bolt action rifle and is a different "animal" altogether that doesn't reply on gas operation so there are design operation differences that would have to be considered.

Other than that, I'm really not the guy to ask for anything beyond those two observations/conclusions.

This web site is an open forum. Background checks and approval of credentials is not a prerequisite for membership. In fact, anyone, with any agenda can post (Of course they must follow a few simple guidelines set fourth regarding .....). Herein lies the rub - We know not what operatives are lurking in the mist.

I would like to submit for your thoughtful consideration that this site is heavily monitored and many of the forums are guided by clever - unknown and anonymous - unofficial moderators with there own agendas and are well funded, as well as very intelligent. Posing as the ordinary Joe next door, But like a fifth column, are infiltrating and manipulating the minds of the resistance - You! Many of you like to use the word "sheeple", but if you step back and look at the big picture - Who is the predator and who is the prey?

I would, upon a cursory inspection, assume the people who register and post comments are firearm enthusiasts. However, many of the comments made by various members make me question just who is really at the helm of some of the discussion's.

It is sometimes obvious that many statements come from the hearts of well meaning and upfront people. But there are times when statements are made that just don't fit smoothly in the main line discussion. In fact, they are cleverly opposing support of firearms. In an effort to substantiate my theory, I have looked at some of those who oppose and have tried to gather the limited information I have available to me to do a non religious redaction criticism or a critical thinking analysis of their gestalt. I see some members who are very active with there posts (hundreds or thousands) but have no feedback? I think it's reasonable to assume that a NWF member who posts a lot, Has a lot of opinions and knowledge about firearms and the law, and allegedly is an active shooter - would occasionally buy or sell something on a forum that caters to active shooters. This begs the question - who are they?

I have been the OP of a few discussions in the past and have regretted it. I, like a sheeple, did succumb to and acquiesce to the crushing force of opposition. Why wave a red flag in front of a bull? I'm not getting paid for my post, and it's much easier to just remain invisible. To just watch the world spin, in silent amusement, disgust, or laughter.

The question of leadership ultimately boils down to "Who shall play God?".
Cowboy up,brother! You have 30+ replies to your thread. YOU, are nowhere to be found! If you want respect, reply, to those that replied to your thread! Otherwise, I have to wonder if it was a weak moment, and you are in pain, because it was the first day of your cycle.

Taku outed me as a covert leftist provocateur years ago. Not sure about that covert part, though. Nor the provocateur part. Simply being left-of-center and occasionally sharing my viewpoint around here suffices to provoke without any extra intent on my part. But this is the very last gun forum I am still active on... I've been banned or won't participate everywhere else - even liberalgunclub.com (for being Christian - the more militant liberals tend to be the gun-packing liberals, and also tend to be the anti-Christ liberals, unfortunately)! I think by merit of being a PNW-centric board, sentiments are much more moderate in general around here than other gun boards. Sure, we have some hardcore far-righters, but I think most of us are pretty centerline.

I am not, however, anti-gun... so I guess all of this is to say nothing, in response to what we're having to assume was the OP's meaning - vague and veiled as it is.

Taku outed me as a covert leftist provocateur years ago. Not sure about that covert part, though. Nor the provocateur part. Simply being left-of-center and occasionally sharing my viewpoint around here suffices to provoke without any extra intent on my part. But this is the very last gun forum I am still active on... I've been banned or won't participate everywhere else - even liberalgunclub.com (for being Christian - the more militant liberals tend to be the gun-packing liberals, and also tend to be the anti-Christ liberals, unfortunately)! I think by merit of being a PNW-centric board, sentiments are much more moderate in general around here than other gun boards. Sure, we have some hardcore far-righters, but I think most of us are pretty centerline.

I am not, however, anti-gun... so I guess all of this is to say nothing, in response to what we're having to assume was the OP's meaning - vague and veiled as it is.
Oh, Benny. to be honest with you brother, you're one of the reasons why I joined this site! Certainly, not because I agree with you. Which 75% of the time, nope, I don't. Well, ok, maybe more like 98% of the time. {just being a honest forefathers!} But every now and then, Bam! you bring up a good point, that shocks the socks off me! I enjoy the diversity on this site. And, you too, bring it on! That's why I joined NWF, to read the views, whether I agree or not! Forefathers, not in, not out, just me! P.s Ben, one last thing, we both agree on our second amendment rights. Thanks, brother!

Cowboy up,brother! You have 30+ replies to your thread. YOU, are nowhere to be found! If you want respect, reply, to those that replied to your thread! Otherwise, I have to wonder if it was a weak moment, and you are in pain, because it was the first day of your cycle.
Strangely enough? Yours is the first notification I have received that anyone has posted to my thread.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're saying, so if you'll allow me to ask for further clarification...Are you suggesting that the site itself is ultimately, from the top, working with an anti-gun agenda? I can't quite tell if that's what you're implying, but it certainly can read that way.

Now, are there people here from the anti-gun crowd? I would say that's a 100% likelihood. Are they here to gather information on pro-gun folks to use in their campaigns? I'd say that's almost assured too. Are they here to disrupt, possibly even subvert the prog-gun message here? I'd believe that there may be some that do. Are they here to possibly even entrap someone in an illegal deal? I wouldn't put it past them. Is it a coordinated effort? I don't know.

I'm also not sure of exactly the types of posts you mean. I've seen folks that have little to no feedback. For some of them, they may neither have the funds, nor the ability to travel/meet folks. Some may be laid up, others may be in a remote part of the NW where trying to do FTF deals are just not likely - I know the folks down in southern Oregon have far fewer options for sales than say here in the PDX Metro area.

So I guess I'm curious to get a little more from you, just so I can better understand what you think is going on.
You understood my post quite well!

Hopefully, I will feel inspired to elaborate a little more on these issues. But right now I'm not feeling too inspired.

Tonight was the first notification I have received that anyone even commented about my post after I was almost immediately informed that it was moved to a different form. This in itself asks questions? I'm hardly a conspiracy theorist, just pragmatic. If a = b and b = c then a should equal c, not %$#@?

Your Supreme Commander

I don't do well with late night emotional rants where there are no specific references to posts or individuals....only accusations and assumptions.

So I am left to ponder; was it 2:49am and there was a bit too much partaking, or am I just too stupid to comprehend the intellectual superiority of those posted thoughts.

...the day will tell. :)
I'm not the first person to be indirect when making a point. It's not wise to try to make a point with someone who cannot hear, or has eyes that cannot see.

The quality of "Mercy" is twice blessed, it blesses him who gives and he who receives.

As far as the time? First of all, I'm glad to see you have situational awareness. Simply put - I'm a night person.

"Emotional Rant" is a defensible assumption. However, I prefer to think of my post as a kind and generous offering. Educating others is an act of kindness. It's easy to keep quiet. It's safe to keep quiet. To speak out is an act of courage, unless you just like to talk a lot. But a fool is often know by his many words.

Some (most?) people already have guns and don't necessarily gotta have the latest whizbang or gewgaw of the week.. nor do they desire to sell what they have.
Then there's those that yak or not yak much. Go figure. Given these.. givens (lol), yea sure, I'm sure there are a lot of subversives here. just the way it goes
Perhaps I'm Insane? Not sure.

On thing I can say for sure - I have noticed My posts certainly do get a lot of attention, both of them!

I doubt the "well funded" part. I cant see some nefarious billionaire paying folks big money to be a pain on this site. First off I think there are more than enough people willing to do it for free, Second I just cant see it as productive. There are plenty of places the anti billionaires could spend money that would produce their desired results. Its obvious they can buy legislation in Washington and Oregon and they are working on it in a number of other states. What could they actually hope to accomplish by posting here other than just being a snitch or thorn ?
I envy your life. Kinda.

You are an endless fountain of wisdom and entertainment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top