Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

He should get a medal instead he got canned

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

The General speaks the truth and yet he gets canned. Personally, I don't believe the Afghanistan war can be won in the usual sense. But I think our political and military leadership are hamstringing themselves when they succumb to political correctness trumping truth.

US general booted for Afghan remarks - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

A top U.S. general in Afghanistan was relieved of duty Friday for "inappropriate public comments" after calling the Afghan government "isolated from reality" and President Hamid Karzai "erratic."

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Reality is overrated.

Welcome to Vietnam #2

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

There is nothing to win in Afghanistan thus there is nothing to lose so we need to leave asap.

4. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

We are doing nothing but wasting lives and resources over there. No one can force the Afghans to have a peaceful democracy, **** you can't even force those people to have a country at all. As soon as we leave they will go back to their tribal feuding and religious fundamentalism and we will have accomplished nothing.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

For a second I though I was reading a year old post about McChrystal. Deja vu all over again.

6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

The one thing that most frustrates me about A-stan is that Karzai has never realized that it has been our military and our money that has kept him where he is at. Two A-team guys died and Karzai almost did with them in late 2001. Here he is 10 years later still in power because of our military and our money and yet he has the balls to say some of the most ungrateful and inflammatory things. Would absolutely love it if we no longer had to protect his ungrateful, pathetic, neurotic self. I bet the change in attitude would be so quick as to be almost comical.

7. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

When I was in the army, I wasn't issued an opinion. I think that applies to generals as well.

8. NWGunner

NWGunner Salem Active Member

At least Vietnam had opium... Wait doesnt that area have poppy too? Just sayin cuz aren't those what it takes to run the drug industry now days? Anyways we were talking about something else here right....?:paranoid:

9. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I don't believe you can stop in a decade, what has been going on forever!

10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe this is why where there? We guard the Persian gulf for the oil.

Report: $1 trillion in untapped minerals found in Afghanistan – This ...
    news.blogs.cnn.com/.../report-1-trillion-in-untapped-minerals-found-...