JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This happened today.
On Thursday May 5, 2016, at 1:41 a.m., East Precinct officers responded to a residence in the 6000 block of Southeast Mitchell Street after the caller reported firing a gun at people in a Ford Taurus in front of his house after the occupants threw eggs at the home.
Officers arrived in the area and contacted the resident, 68-year-old William Dean Thomas, and took him into custody without incident.
Earlier in the evening, officers took a phone report from Thomas about his home being egged. Officers learned that Thomas was outside cleaning up from the first egging when the second incident occurred.
Thomas was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on charge of Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Reckless Endangerment and Discharging a Firearm in the City.
Thomas' handgun was seized as evidence and other guns in the home were taken as safekeeping

Got it from a flash alert - should be here: https://www.flashalert.net/id/portlandpolice
Just what the anti-gunners want... Another idiot using a weapon for the wrong reason.
I see that and get angry at the guy for being stupid and then roll my eyes waiting for it to be used as ammo by some lib next time I'm talking firearms and politics.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be pissed if someone egged my place too. I might have even gone and confronted the guy (gal, kid, whoever) in the car. I probably would have been CCing just in case it escalated and cause I always am/would have been when it happened.

Going to get my soapbox, be right back.
:s0146:
But seriously...
CAN WE STOP DOING STUPID CRAP WITH GUNS???
It's illegal. It's dumb. It's giving them more reason to want to ban guns. It's making us all look like stupid trigger happy redneck idiots. And then this guy will whine that the dems are trying to take all our guns. Ya don't say...
Okay, I'm done. :s0137:

I can understand his rage, especially since punk kids get away with this crap.
However, killing someone over it.. Come on..

If the vandalism was that bad Perhaps a BB gun (illegal) or paintball gun (still illegal) but at least they arent lethal.

However.. Even if these types of people didnt have firearms they are ticking time bombs anyway.. If not here and with a firearm then it would have been somewhere else and perhaps he'd use his vehicle, or with a baseball bat or machete (as seen in other stories)

However.. I bet no one will egg his house anymore.

I can understand his rage, especially since punk kids get away with this crap.
However, killing someone over it.. Come on..

If the vandalism was that bad Perhaps a BB gun (illegal) or paintball gun (still illegal) but at least they arent lethal.

However.. Even if these types of people didnt have firearms they are ticking time bombs anyway.. If not here and with a firearm then it would have been somewhere else and perhaps he'd use his vehicle, or with a baseball bat or machete (as seen in other stories)

However.. I bet no one will egg his house anymore.
Agree on every point.
Never done it, but been so tempted with the paintball one before... ;)

All rationalism aside. I lived in the city. Some in the neighborhood, chose to irritate the neighbors. One morning I had enough, I stepped out the door at 3am and told my neighbor to turn the music down coming from his car, or I would do it for him. Regardless of what they thought was OK, or "call the cops" if you don't like it, mentality, know when to draw the line. You FUCHING DOUCHE BAG

All rationalism aside. I lived in the city. Some in the neighborhood, chose to irritate the neighbors. One morning I had enough, I stepped out the door at 3am and told my neighbor to turn the music down coming from his car, or I would do it for him. Regardless of what they thought was OK, or "call the cops" if you don't like it, mentality, know when to draw the line. You FUCHING DOUCHE BAG
Absolutely. There's a point when enough is enough.
I lit up some guys car with an excessively bright light on strobe cause he had to show a buddy his new subs in the middle of the night right outside my window for the third time that week. I kinda wish someone had gone and parked a bulldozer on his car. You still can't go shootin at someone for it.

You still can't go shootin at someone for it.

Who says? I don't have a cop parked outside my door. They've no clue what goes on in the neighborhood, unless I tell them. Or someone. Then it gets written off as a civil dispute. When they don't have a clue the extent of the situation. People need to know their limits, right or wrong, and the tolerance one will tolerate.

Who says?
Um... The law? As annoying as it is, egging isn't a deadly threat.
I agree that it's a useless system in ways. Your best bet is getting vehicle info, a plate number and filing a report, but that's gonna result in a great big nothing unless 7 other people file the same report.
But you still can't go shoot someone for it.
If "Who says?" is still your response, go here: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html and roll on down to 166.220
That's just one of a few reason you can't.

You miss interpreted where I was going.
Anyone rational (with sense) would agree with where you are going, as I.

But anyone pushing the laws for what they can get away with, know already the outcome of the action. Or have heard/read of other situations.
Laws and regulations are for those who comply. We are not all equal in this world, and we/they/whoever chooses to take matters into their own hands, will do so in time of need.

I know the difference of right.....and wrong. I'm a straight edge, living among crooked people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top