Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

He shot at someone for egging his house?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by aarond, May 5, 2016.

1. aarond

aarond Gresham Active Member

This happened today.
    On Thursday May 5, 2016, at 1:41 a.m., East Precinct officers responded to a residence in the 6000 block of Southeast Mitchell Street after the caller reported firing a gun at people in a Ford Taurus in front of his house after the occupants threw eggs at the home.
    Officers arrived in the area and contacted the resident, 68-year-old William Dean Thomas, and took him into custody without incident.
    Earlier in the evening, officers took a phone report from Thomas about his home being egged. Officers learned that Thomas was outside cleaning up from the first egging when the second incident occurred.
    Thomas was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on charge of Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Reckless Endangerment and Discharging a Firearm in the City.
    Thomas' handgun was seized as evidence and other guns in the home were taken as safekeeping

Got it from a flash alert - should be here: https://www.flashalert.net/id/portlandpolice
    Just what the anti-gunners want... Another idiot using a weapon for the wrong reason.
    I see that and get angry at the guy for being stupid and then roll my eyes waiting for it to be used as ammo by some lib next time I'm talking firearms and politics.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be pissed if someone egged my place too. I might have even gone and confronted the guy (gal, kid, whoever) in the car. I probably would have been CCing just in case it escalated and cause I always am/would have been when it happened.

Going to get my soapbox, be right back.
    :s0146:
    But seriously...
    CAN WE STOP DOING STUPID CRAP WITH GUNS???
    It's illegal. It's dumb. It's giving them more reason to want to ban guns. It's making us all look like stupid trigger happy redneck idiots. And then this guy will whine that the dems are trying to take all our guns. Ya don't say...
    Okay, I'm done. :s0137:

41Slinger, partsed, campwilde and 2 others like this.
  2. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

hey hey hey i am a trigger happy redneck. doesnt mean im irresponsible:D:D

Arleyg, Pops1911, Brutus57 and 3 others like this.
  3. aarond

See, you recognize there's a difference.
    I'm a wild crazy happy redneck and I LOVE throwing lead.
    I meant no offense to any rednecks.:eek:

Pops1911, v0lcom13sn0w and Joe13 like this.
  4. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Sounds like they egged him on to me.

joken, Pops1911, No_Regerts and 16 others like this.
  5. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I can understand his rage, especially since punk kids get away with this crap.
    However, killing someone over it.. Come on..

If the vandalism was that bad Perhaps a BB gun (illegal) or paintball gun (still illegal) but at least they arent lethal.

However.. Even if these types of people didnt have firearms they are ticking time bombs anyway.. If not here and with a firearm then it would have been somewhere else and perhaps he'd use his vehicle, or with a baseball bat or machete (as seen in other stories)

However.. I bet no one will egg his house anymore.

Arleyg, Goosebrown, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  7. aarond

Agree on every point.
    Never done it, but been so tempted with the paintball one before... ;)

Joe13 likes this.
  8. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

All rationalism aside. I lived in the city. Some in the neighborhood, chose to irritate the neighbors. One morning I had enough, I stepped out the door at 3am and told my neighbor to turn the music down coming from his car, or I would do it for him. Regardless of what they thought was OK, or "call the cops" if you don't like it, mentality, know when to draw the line. You FUCHING DOUCHE BAG

Arleyg, Logan Wilson and Joe13 like this.
  9. aarond

Absolutely. There's a point when enough is enough.
    I lit up some guys car with an excessively bright light on strobe cause he had to show a buddy his new subs in the middle of the night right outside my window for the third time that week. I kinda wish someone had gone and parked a bulldozer on his car. You still can't go shootin at someone for it.

partsed, Logan Wilson and Joe13 like this.
  10. 2A2Dend

Who says? I don't have a cop parked outside my door. They've no clue what goes on in the neighborhood, unless I tell them. Or someone. Then it gets written off as a civil dispute. When they don't have a clue the extent of the situation. People need to know their limits, right or wrong, and the tolerance one will tolerate.

11. aarond

Um... The law? As annoying as it is, egging isn't a deadly threat.
    I agree that it's a useless system in ways. Your best bet is getting vehicle info, a plate number and filing a report, but that's gonna result in a great big nothing unless 7 other people file the same report.
    But you still can't go shoot someone for it.
    If "Who says?" is still your response, go here: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html and roll on down to 166.220
    That's just one of a few reason you can't.

12. 2A2Dend

You miss interpreted where I was going.
    Anyone rational (with sense) would agree with where you are going, as I.

But anyone pushing the laws for what they can get away with, know already the outcome of the action. Or have heard/read of other situations.
    Laws and regulations are for those who comply. We are not all equal in this world, and we/they/whoever chooses to take matters into their own hands, will do so in time of need.

I know the difference of right.....and wrong. I'm a straight edge, living among crooked people.

Logan Wilson and aarond like this.
  13. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I believe the correct response to an egging, is a spud gun:p

Flopsweat, Arleyg, Pops1911 and 6 others like this.
  14. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm just going to say what everyone wants to - they probably aren't going to come back to egg it a third time...

Arleyg, Brutus57, Capn Jack and 2 others like this.
  15. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

wanna throw eggs, bottles, dildo's

your gonna get lead.

iusmc2002 and Joe13 like this.
  16. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Sounds like he got too eggcited.

Flopsweat, ogre, Joe13 and 3 others like this.
  17. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Dildos? by chance do you live in Portland? Haha :D

Flopsweat and Joe13 like this.
  18. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Too bad his aim was less than eggxact! :cool:

19. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Paintball guns are illegal in where? Multnomah county? Really?

20. aarond

They may be legal but I wouldn't expect you to be able to shoot someone with paintballs on the street and not get in trouble.
    I'm completely guessing here. I don't paintball and know nothing of laws around them.