JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, today a ''pro gun'' guy i know pretty well saw, my AR-15 and said, ''as far as I'm concerned nobody but the military should be allowed to have that type weapon". He meant an AR-15 type platform, This guy shoots, hunts, etc, but, I guess he thinks AR-15 type weapons are ''evil'' and have no place in the public sector. What say you, and how would you reply?? But, then, later he did state, that he would own one some day, but, it would be used only for SHTF situation. Lets hear what you would say to him in response.

You need to let this guy know that many believe he should not be allowed to hunt . and many believe that no one should be allowed to have any guns at all. and that his close minded thoughts about Ar15s belong with theirs .

But I have witness the whole perception thing many times for example I took a friend out shooting he hunts too like that guy but not so close minded and ignorant to boast such a blind opinion but still He did not like my scary black M4 however his nephew was their with the same rifle but with friendly Tan mag pul hand guards and furniture and that was ok.

And I say it again had the musket been designed with a pistol grip and painted black we would all be hunting with so called "assault rifle"

And since my Ar15 has never assaulted anyone its just a rifle.

My Ar 15 is not an assault weapon its a sporting rifle since thats what it is used for sporting and recreation as well as a hobby. I shoot my rifle cause its fun to shoot I enjoy my rifle as it is my hobby. However it does give me the ability to defend my life, my family and my country should any one try to take those away from me so in that way it comforts me.

Last Edited:
I have been calling hunters fudds since i was a teenager calling my dad one in the 80s before the interweb and it had nothing to do with being democrat

Fudds is just a term for hunters like elmer fudd

Don't start bashing Fudds or all us black rifle owners will be left out hanging.

Educate those who need to be educated.

Last Edited:
lay an AR15 and mini 14 ranch rifle side by side in front of him. Ask, so this wooden stock cute little gun is ok? he may say sure, it's for hunting varmint and such. Then point out they shoot the same bullet, they are both semi auto, neither are fully auto, and both are fed by removable magazines. Pause. So what makes the AR15 so military only'ish? it's looks, plain and simple. Let him reach his own ignorant conclusion.

I have been calling hunters fudds since i was a teenager calling my dad one in the 80s before the interweb and it had nothing to do with being democrat

Fudds is just a term for hunters like elmer fudd

Don't start bashing Fudds or all us black rifle owners will be left out hanging.

Educate those who need to be educated.

fud
noun
  • the vulva ("vagina").
    Last edited on Jul 24 2010. Submitted by Raymond B. from Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, UK on Oct 08 2004.

• the buttocks.
    Last edited on Jul 24 2010. Submitted by Raymond B. from Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, UK on Oct 08 2004.

Kind of puts Elmer and Bugs in a different light

Funny, that's pretty much verbatim what the big gasbag behind the gun counter at Washington Square Dick's told me the day they stopped selling AR-15's (right after the insane rampage at Sandy Hook). I was there to buy a cabinet when I simply noted there were no black rifles. I asked if it was permanent, and if that was a single-store decision or chain-wide.

"No one should have them" was the response I got, and a lecture about how he "carried one in combat." Odd, since I don't think our troops in RVN (or anywhere) were ever issued AR-15's. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Makes me wonder what other kinds of firearms he doesn't believe anyone should have, as he continues to sell guns for a living.

Ask him what his opinion is on the Ruger mini 14 and if he thinks that is okay. If he says "yes" because it's a "sporting" arm, then have him explain how it is any different since it also uses a hi cap mag and fires the exact same cartridge. I agree with others, by him first saying "no one should have them",....and then saying he might get one for TEOTWAWKI, that shows what a hypocritical moron, turncoat traitor to our constitution he is. There are idiots everywhere, and the gun community is no exception.

Funny, that's pretty much verbatim what the big gasbag behind the gun counter at Washington Square Dick's told me the day they stopped selling AR-15's (right after the insane rampage at Sandy Hook). I was there to buy a cabinet when I simply noted there were no black rifles. I asked if it was permanent, and if that was a single-store decision or chain-wide.

"No one should have them" was the response I got, and a lecture about how he "carried one in combat." Odd, since I don't think our troops in RVN (or anywhere) were ever issued AR-15's. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Makes me wonder what other kinds of firearms he doesn't believe anyone should have, as he continues to sell guns for a living.

This is probably what your buddy was referring to, the Armalite AR-15. I was a Marine in 67-68 in VN, and, i'm 99% sure i carried an AR-15 by armalite, 3 fingered flash supressor/hider, Then, in 68, they replaced almost every one of the Armalite AR15's with the new M-16 and they had the bird cage flash suppressor on them. I was told to keep mine, and i carried it until i rotated home in Oct of 68.

Below is a pasted mention of the Armalite AR-15
Concurrent mention is made in these reports of other rifles such as the Armalite AR-15, AR-18, M14E2, M-60 grenade launcher, M-79 grenade launcher, and M203 grenade launcher, Soviet/satellite AK-47, Stoner 63 guns (5.56-MM), S-C and

This is probably what your buddy was referring to, the Armalite AR-15. I was a Marine in 67-68 in VN, and, i'm 99% sure i carried an AR-15 by armalite, 3 fingered flash supressor/hider, Then, in 68, they replaced almost every one of the Armalite AR15's with the new M-16 and they had the bird cage flash suppressor on them. I was told to keep mine, and i carried it until i rotated home in Oct of 68.

Below is a pasted mention of the Armalite AR-15
Concurrent mention is made in these reports of other rifles such as the Armalite AR-15, AR-18, M14E2, M-60 grenade launcher, M-79 grenade launcher, and M203 grenade launcher, Soviet/satellite AK-47, Stoner 63 guns (5.56-MM), S-C and

ARKLITE881South, thanks! That's exactly why I said "correct me if I'm wrong." Perhaps that's what he carried in combat.

Now I'm interested to learn if the Armalite AR-15 used in RVN was also select fire like the M-16 as we know it, or semi-auto like the non-NFA AR-15's common today. (I'll look that up when I'm not taking a break at work.)

Incidentally, a buddy of mine has an ATF approved M-16. Tons of fun to shoot, but it can get mad expensive really fast!

"nobody should be allowed to have an AR 15''

This is true but your reading it wrong. You forgot the comma.

"nobody, should be allowed to have an AR 15''

So it says Mr Nobody should be allowed to have an AR15 or everybody should have an AR15...:):rolleyes:

Well, today a ''pro gun'' guy i know pretty well saw, my AR-15 and said, ''as far as I'm concerned nobody but the military should be allowed to have that type weapon". He meant an AR-15 type platform, This guy shoots, hunts, etc, but, I guess he thinks AR-15 type weapons are ''evil'' and have no place in the public sector. What say you, and how would you reply?? But, then, later he did state, that he would own one some day, but, it would be used only for SHTF situation. Lets hear what you would say to him in response.
Take him out shooting. He's probably never even fired an AR. Guaranteed he'll change his mind.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top