JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem is our govt has gotten to big. Our forfathers told us of this happening. It's not about governing it's about control.
Once it gets too big to effectivly lead and govern comes the time for controls. We are seeing that now faster than ever.
$18 trillion in debt.
Lavish lifestyles of the entitled leaders who don't live by their own rules.

We were a nation of free men and women. Not anymore. We are as free as the governing body tells us we can be.
They allow us to have firearms. But that is becoming more and more restrictive and will become more so until it gets to a choke point. By then our neighbors and kids will believe in the same need for controls out of desperation to have the govt take care of us. All it takes is a couple states to fall and the rest will follow.
I-594 is the beginning.

...and remove all consideration towards The Creator as in "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights", and the ignorant masses will look to another source for their rights as we are seeing right now with the obama messiah.

Years back my father in law was at my house for Fathers Day when my wife and son gave me an AR15. He looked at it and asked, what the heck do you need that for? Now, he has been a hunter his whole life and owns rifles and shotguns. He did not understand the 'need' for an AR. However, when I replied "when the terrorists come down the street, I will tell them to 'Jihad This'. I would be using it to protect his daughter and grandson. He then smiled and nodded his head in approval.

What really changes their minds is when they get a chance to shoot a full auto firearm.
I've yet to not see a big smile on anyone's face after rattling off a Thompson 50 rd drum.
Ive never fired a full auto rifle but my airsoft is full auto and that brings a smile to my face I bet the real thing is awesome.

What say you, and how would you reply??

IlWdS_zps87bd7147.png

Fudds are the old guard NRA guys.. The ones that are happy so long as they can hunt and keep their cowboy action firearms.

Talked to all too many that say:
"I hunt, but I dont think you need an AK to hunt"..

To which I always say:
"To hunt lap dogs of (soldiers for) a tyrannical government you do"..

Then it goes into the ideals of minutemen and militia men and the differences between them and our national guard.

Usually leads into prepping and other benificial conversations which tie more into natural disasters and riots than SHTF and where just a little extra home defense, food, water and fuel storage can go a long ways. Even help those
(should you choose to do so) who need a little extra in their time of need
(to which I say tough titties).

Twenty years ago, I was only into commercial type firearms, no milsurp, no black rifles. I was a hunter and my firearms preference reflected that. Having grown up in the country, I seldom saw large groups of people except for the 4th of July parades at a nearby town and those folks never rioted. My bolt action 30-06 would take care of any business my family would ever face.

Fast forward 20 years. I live near a city now and have personally seen large groups of stupid people out of control and I've watched the police do too little. I've been trapped in a traffic jam on a freeway for nearly 8 hours without moving. I've seen the out of control crowds at Walmart on Black Friday and they are in humane. My trusty bolt action is more than adequate in low population areas but I no longer trust it exclusively, rather I've added the black rifle to my gun safe.

I recommend that we all take the time to help the non black rifle folks better understand the potential need for such a weapon. They may be our best allies.

My step dad is an old thinking type. Used to give me all kinds of crap for having an AR,
Lately he's been asking me where to get parts and about building them. He wants one, as he puts it " just to piss off the lefties"

And of of course he has a friend now that he hunts with that has one so he thinks it's cool.

My wifes dad is the same way. Owns a TON of firearms buys them at old auctions. All .22lr rifles and cowboy wheel guns. Lives in ohio on a big farm and used to hunt raccoons for the furs.
After showing offy ARs I got my brother n law to buy one and he let the old man shoot it. Now he wants one.

Twenty years ago, I was only into commercial type firearms, no milsurp, no black rifles. I was a hunter and my firearms preference reflected that. Having grown up in the country, I seldom saw large groups of people except for the 4th of July parades at a nearby town and those folks never rioted. My bolt action 30-06 would take care of any business my family would ever face.

Fast forward 20 years. I live near a city now and have personally seen large groups of stupid people out of control and I've watched the police do too little. I've been trapped in a traffic jam on a freeway for nearly 8 hours without moving. I've seen the out of control crowds at Walmart on Black Friday and they are in humane. My trusty bolt action is more than adequate in low population areas but I no longer trust it exclusively, rather I've added the black rifle to my gun safe.

I recommend that we all take the time to help the non black rifle folks better understand the potential need for such a weapon. They may be our best allies.

I agree, what i did was mention i have a dedicated .22 rim fire upper, and it does have its own lower. Told him how great it shoots, and how fun it is, NOW all of a sudden he's interested. Funny, it's STILL an AR platform, with 20rd mags. I'm good, i'll let him shoot it, then, explain about getting a larger cal upper, he'll be "hooked''!

I agree, what i did was mention i have a dedicated .22 rim fire upper, and it does have its own lower. Told him how great it shoots, and how fun it is, NOW all of a sudden he's interested. Funny, it's STILL an AR platform, with 20rd mags. I'm good, i'll let him shoot it, then, explain about getting a larger cal upper, he'll be "hooked''!

Exactly, your approach will draw him into the fun of a new shooting sport. Well played!

tb

Ask him to be a guinea pig for an experiment.....tell him to bring his favorite bolt action rifle, you'll bring your AR15, and you'll both go on a field trip to the rifle range. Tell him you want him to stand on the 100yd target line and you'll stand on the firing line. Explain that once he's down range, you'll load a single round into each rifle, fire a round from each rifle, and your point of aim with each shot will be somewhere in the vicinity of about 3ft. from his head.

Then, after you've fired a round from each rifle, he can walk to the firing line and give his professional opinion on which rifle seemed the most dangerous.

Tell him you'd be curious to know what's going through his mind as you point a rifle at him and each round zips past his head. Would he be thinking of comparisons of wood stocks vs. telescoping stocks, flash hiders vs. target crown muzzles, forward assist vs. non-forward assist, or detachable magazines vs. internal magazines? Or if his only thoughts was praying that he didn't catch a bullet in his melon and wishing that you weren't shooting at him?

I've never found anyone that would volunteer. :confused:

I used to think I didn't need an evil black rifle since I had owned hand guns, shottie and a couple of rifles. Then, the gubmint decided, they ought to make said ownership illegal. Well, I paid a premium to build during the big panic but I figured if they wanted to ban them that badly by trampling on the Constitution then maybe I really did need at least one!

Brutus Out
We all have a right to defend ourselves with the right tool for the job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top