JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, today a ''pro gun'' guy i know pretty well saw, my AR-15 and said, ''as far as I'm concerned nobody but the military should be allowed to have that type weapon". He meant an AR-15 type platform, This guy shoots, hunts, etc, but, I guess he thinks AR-15 type weapons are ''evil'' and have no place in the public sector. What say you, and how would you reply?? But, then, later he did state, that he would own one some day, but, it would be used only for SHTF situation. Lets hear what you would say to him in response.

I'd say "the jerk store called and they are all out of you" :)

You can tell that someone who does not know that an AR style rifle and hunting style rifle are very similar mechanically (bolt, firing pin, barrel, stock) that they are either ignorant or not smart enough to know it.

I can see someone who knows nothing about guns not understand that they are both very similar and just look different. Or even that the AR platform has rounds that are significantly less powerful than a big game hunting rifle

But for someone who knows guns to say something like that, it just shows their intelligence level.

I tend not to even bother with trying to educate them. Because the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they seem to have.

I would show him my M1 and see what he thought about it, then explain to him that it was an actual weapon of war instead of just looking like one.

I would say "I sure am glad I don't give a rats sh*t what you think" and move on.

I would have also pointed out how incredibly hypocritical his comment "I'll have one someday, but only for SHTF" is.

I told him, IF you think that, and they start taking them, [AR's] it will just be matter of time before they take them all.

I would show him my M1 and see what he thought about it, then explain to him that it was an actual weapon of war instead of just looking like one.

I could do that, i have a couple of them and serial #'s are in the 1940's era. In fact, that very thought crossed my mind while talking to him.

In all seriousness I would ask him where "he" would draw the line. Follow his line of logic and you'd need to ban many of the sporting arms and calibers now in use. 30.06 caliber, what was it originally developed for? Taking down mule deer?

Elmer-fudd.jpg
Fudds with their "No legitimate sporting use" philosophy can be converted.

Just show him this video

It worked for me.

I wouldn't say anything to him. He is entitled to his opinion. No sense making a pissing match out of it. I would of offered to let him shoot it and see what he thought.

I'm not a big fan of full auto capable rifles either. My biggest concern in a SHTF world isn't the government or the military, but the packs of criminals armed with auto weapons trying to take my stuff and kill me. But since there are already so many AR, AK and SKS type rifles out there, my opinion is everyone needs to have one just to level the playing field to protect your own property and safety.

Yeah, get him out shooting with it.
Simultaneously throwing out real WORL examples in history and currently happening around the world.
Remind him that the peace we enjoy in America is fragile and the bozos in charge have been lucky in keeping that peace for so long.

One of the things that has kept the peace was our unity, common beliefs, culture and family structure.
That all seems to be irrevocably damaged now thanks to unchecked borders, PC politics and the extreme leftist favorite propaganda subjects, racism, war on women, war on gays and war on the poor!

The only real war going on is the war on America to reduce it's status in the world.

Tell him things are going to get ugly on our slow decline and An AR 15 could come in handy.

Fudds with their "No legitimate sporting use" philosophy can be converted.
Maybe but a lot of these types are in an odd subcategory of gun owners. They are the 'Professional Sportsmen'. They are members of the 'Unlimited' and 'Foundation' clubs. Guns for them are purely 'sporting' items only meant for hunting and are configured typically traditionally. This is the brandy and cigar club around the fireplace in the hunting lodge in the evening. These are the high - end, white collar cash and carry hunters. Semi-autos and plastic stocks need not apply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top