JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't believe we are having this discussion! What other safety item or tool would you apply some of this logic too?

-I think I will empty my fire extinguisher so it wont be under pressure in case somebody drops it???
-Maybe I should let the air out of my car tires at night so nobody steals it???
-I unplug my phone at night so it doesnt ring and bother me???

Come on! It's a self defense weapon for when the SHTF and there is no other way out! If there comes a time that you really need it, do you think you can chamber it that fast under intense pressure? If you aren't prepared and confident enough in you and your weapon you shouldn't carry one!

The only time I have a round chambered is when I have control of the gun. That is, the gun is in my hand, or in a holster on my person. I realize there is a tactical advantage to having a round chambered while a gun is in your closet or night stand, but the fact that I don't have direct control over who or what touches it is too much of a risk for me.

If I prepare correctly, there should be enough time from when a door is kicked in, window smashed, or alarm goes off to chamber a round in my HD weapon. That being said, I carry in my house at all times, unless I'm in my PJ's, shower or bed (which means I have control of the gun in my holster w/ a round chambered).

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads