JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Right now I have mossberg 500a with 18.5" barrel and standard stock. I'm trying to decide what accessories/upgrades are worth it.

Any opinions on pistol grips, ATI collapsable stock, ATI folding stock, lights, heat shield, or just putting on nylon shotshell holder?

The safety on the Mossbergs is in the wrong place if you want to be able to put on a stock with a pistol grip.

I would start with a side saddle of some sort, a light, and if I had the budget a good quality red dot system (aimpoint micro would be ideal.) :s0155:

I don't have the budget for that, so my shotgun only has a sidesaddle on it. :s0112:

Right now I have mossberg 500a with 18.5" barrel and standard stock. I'm trying to decide what accessories/upgrades are worth it.

Any opinions on pistol grips, ATI collapsable stock, ATI folding stock, lights, heat shield, or just putting on nylon shotshell holder?

Shotshell holder is a very good idea considering the very limited magazine capacity of shotguns. Light is a good idea. If you have a rail, a micro red dot or reflex sight is also a good idea.

Not a huge fan of the look of ATI stocks personally, I'd rather stick with the standard stock and a heat shield seems like unnecessary weight to me.

Light or laser, spare ammo holder is really all you need for HD. I don't have room for a spare ammo holder on my bullpup HD shotgun and I figure if I need more than 4 rounds then I have grabbed the wrong gun... :) It does hold one spare round inside the pistol grip. :) Its purpose is close range, bad guys in the house, blast them as they are kicking down the bedroom door then grab the M4 or pistol to round up any survivors...

View attachment 198228

View attachment 197406

A light/laser and a extended magazine tube is all I would do if I was to build another one. Accessories=weight, keep it lite and simple.

I built a 870P and had to have all the shi! on it, side saddle, tube, light, Knoxx stock, heat shield. I can carry twenty shells on the gun, turned into a heavy pig.

remmy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Light or laser, spare ammo holder is really all you need for HD.

+1

You can decorate them all you want but in a real world home-defense situation, most of that crap wont do you any good. My 870 wears nothing but an el cheapo Uncle Mikes elastic shell holder and a flashlight. The bad guy wont know the difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top