JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the HCR Tactical kit. All I can say is that if I were to grade it from 0 to 100, 100 being great, 100 would be the score. Simply take a box of .22 bullets and drop them loose into the speedloader box, shake it a bit, flip over the last few that didn't go in, slide the thinggy onto them and that goes right into the mag. It's sick how fantastic it works. Makes loading .22 a joy. There was one little trick on loading it in that makes it easy, just pull up a you tube vid. I have a couple of other .22 loaders, but this is the best x10.

Curious where you found it, they've been sold out for quite some time?

pac4.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks for the reply/review...
I sent them an email saying I was interested in their product several months ago. They replied stating the magazine was NOT in production any longer but a NEW, Improved version was being developed.
I recieved an email from them yesterday stating they were taking "donations" for the next generation of magazine but it would be 2 months before being ready to ship.
I like the concept and your review but am leery of the 2 month wait.

What do you think? Would you send them $85 dollars for the complete set and then WAIT 2 months?

I just signed up for email notifications when they are ready to ship. I'm very interested in trying these out. I would most definitely not send any company a "donation" for an, as yet, unreleased product. That verbiage sounds hella suspect to me...

I've got a few, and there is a little learning curve. If you screw up, and get a shell in that flops over backwards, you have to dismantle the magazine to get it out. No big deal, but when the Sage Rats are charging your position...it can suck!

Not to sidetrack/hijack this thread too much, but I am not so interested in high cap mags for .22 RF firearms as I would be for a mag for a RAR that would feed Short, Long and LR in the rifle. I know this would probably not be something that would work with a 10/22/etc., but I think Ruger missed adding on a really nice feature for the RAR by not making a mag that would feed S/L/LR ammo (I have not tried this yet, but my bet is that it won't work or they would have advertised it as working).

The HC3R mags seem to have some nice features, but while I have some, I just don't care for long banana mags hanging down under a nice .22 rifle. I don't see that much advantage vs. the ugly looks and the chance of the mag catching on something, not to mention making prone shooting awkward. Almost everybody agrees that a .22 RF is not a self-defense, much less a tactical rifle. I like them for target shooting and small game hunting. I even have a lightweight (15 ounces) single shot rifle that takes longer to load and shoot one round than it does to load a mag into a 10/22 and shoot 10 rounds. I just am not that much into fast shooting with a .22 RF - a bolt or lever action is plenty fast for my purposes most of the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top