JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington State listen up.....

There is an upcoming hearing in Judiciary on Jan. 28th at 1:30 p.m. regarding House Bills I-594(anti) & I-591(pro). We need your support by either testifying on behalf of gun rights/2nd amendment or just being physically there. Please come to Olympia as we need as many people there as possible.

Concealed Carry & Open Carry is allowed on the Washington State capitol grounds. See you there !

I wish I could be there!

I know for a fact the gun grabbers will use their favorite "40% of guns are sold without a background check" myth. Someone needs to challenge that.

Even Factcheck.org says it is 'misleading'. It's based on a small telephone survey from 1994, which is four years before the FBI launched NICS.

Print this page and bring it!

Guns Acquired Without Background Checks

If you cannot be there, consider sending an e-mail to your representative and request their support. Here's the e-mail I just sent to Representative Dahlquist. Send the same e-mail to all of them you can. The more they hear from us the better...fill their in-boxes!

Hello Cathy,
I'm writing to request that you please oppose initiative I-594. The proponents of this bill are using data that is outdated and baseless (see link attached). The fact that this bill, if approved, can directly effect one of our Constitutional Rights and freedoms is very concerning. To that end, it should require a heavy burden of proof with current and corroborated facts and data to even be considered. While on the surface I-594's "background checks" seems innocent enough, it is not. If passed, it simply opens the door to further restrictions and attacks on our rights.

I hope we can count on you to oppose I-594 and support I-591. The vast majority of our fellow citizens are law abiding, responsible gun owners -- help us maintain our 2nd Amendment Right and not allow further legislation to encumber the freedoms we all have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider this very important matter.

Sincerely,

I wish I could be there!

I know for a fact the gun grabbers will use their favorite "40% of guns are sold without a background check" myth. Someone needs to challenge that.

Even Factcheck.org says it is 'misleading'. It's based on a small telephone survey from 1994, which is four years before the FBI launched NICS.

Print this page and bring it!

Stand outside the legislator hall where the reps, media, everyone else can see you, with a big sign and a few flyers.

If you cannot be there, consider sending an e-mail to your representative and request their support. Here's the e-mail I just sent to Representative Dahlquist. Send the same e-mail to all of them you can. The more they hear from us the better...fill their in-boxes!

Hello Cathy,
I'm writing to request that you please oppose initiative I-594. The proponents of this bill are using data that is outdated and baseless (see link attached). The fact that this bill, if approved, can directly effect one of our Constitutional Rights and freedoms is very concerning. To that end, it should require a heavy burden of proof with current and corroborated facts and data to even be considered. While on the surface I-594's "background checks" seems innocent enough, it is not. If passed, it simply opens the door to further restrictions and attacks on our rights.

I hope we can count on you to oppose I-594 and support I-591. The vast majority of our fellow citizens are law abiding, responsible gun owners -- help us maintain our 2nd Amendment Right and not allow further legislation to encumber the freedoms we all have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider this very important matter.

Sincerely,

Well said!

A couple of other points for people to consider:

For starters, this bill will put honest people in prison. There are enough grey areas in this complex bill to catch many law abiding gun owners. It appears even WAGR doesn't even understand their own bill, as their FAQ contradicts the language in the bill!

The bill uses the term ' established shooting range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located' which is completely unclear and doesn't cover all scenarios. What are the rules for getting a range authorized by a governing body? Does this cover private ranges in rural areas?

If a range is not 'authorized', this bill will eliminate rental guns at ranges. The only exception is for temporary transfers for sporting competitions and those under 18 y.o.

WAGR has circulated an FAQ stating that 'friends using each others guns while target shooting' is not a transfer, but that's not what the bill says. There is no exception for loans in the bill. 594 clearly says transfers include gifts and loans. (see FAQ at http://www.kcba.org/judicial/legislative/pdf/gunsafety/594faq.pdf)

I regularly go target shooting on my friends 50 acre rural property. We aren't hunting, it's not a competition or performance, and it's a private range on private land. According to 594, if he shoots my guns, that is a transfer and he is committing a crime!

Note from GOAL

And here is where I alienate some of you on the list. Carry is legal on the Capitol Campus. But both committee chairs have asked that no one OPEN carry in deference to the victims the other side is expected to bring in. I know, and for the most part agree with, the arguments for open carry. But occasionally discretion is the better part of valor. This is NOT the time to push the issue. In fact, the most likely reaction to such activity is a change in the law banning ALL firearms on the Campus. That does no one any good. Please be discrete.

related thread:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/160522-hearings-set-dueling-initiatives.html

Yesterday's arrest of teen heartthrob Justin Bieber may have temporarily distracted some folks from more important business coming up in Olympia, but trust Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) to get the focus back on track with an e-mail alert today to its members, about 12 hours after the National Rifle Association alerted its members, regarding next week's hearings on the dueling initiatives.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads