Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HB1588 in trouble; cops cling to registry

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Gottlieb, CCRKBA will "walk" without concessions

Background check bill could die; police lobby opposes one tenet

A controversial bill aimed at expanding background checks in exchange for major concessions to gun owners in Washington State could be on its death bed, not because of opposition from gun rights groups, or legislative liberals, but because of stubborn resistance to one of the key provisions by the law enforcement lobby.

Background check bill could die; police lobby opposes one tenet - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Law enforcement leaders don't want to give up power ? Say it aint so ! I have said it before, government rarely relinquishes control, once it has it. One of the main reasons I am against giving them anymore.

So, I guess they are going to try and push a initiative if this fails ? Probably would have anyway as the real goal is to turn Washington into a gun free utopia. SAF would have got what they wanted, gun grabbers would still have come back for more. THEY ALWAYS DO.

We should push a initiative. Law makers from Seattle can only draft and vote on laws that have effect within the city limits !

Bubblegums

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

One of the reasons that there is both a Senate and a House is to prevent the tyranny of a majority...

4. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

But... but... the police are on our side... :huh:

5. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Unless you are an old Asian woman driving a pickup.

6. Dave Workman

Well, put together an initiative, get the campaign funded, get the signatures and get it on the ballot.

You're wrong however, about Seattle politicians only drafting laws that affect Seattle. State senators and representatives draft laws that impact the entire state if they are signed by the gov.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

:D

That's what I want, my tongue in cheek statement was missed.

We need to push a initiative that requires that Seattle bubblegums can only bubblegum up Seattle !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Except there is the whole state preemption law that would have to go which could do a lot more damage down the road as those gun grabbing fools spread from Seattle. We need a law that puts all those who want gun control on their own islands and have them leave us the heck alone

9. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Don't they have an island already, named California?

duane black and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Dave Workman

Ross: they want Seattle to become a city-state that guides all of Washington.

Times editorial, gun control group play dangerous semantics game

Sunday’s editorial in the Seattle Times regarding a newly-created Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility plays a dangerous game of semantics to fool the public into believing that this group knows anything about true firearms safety, and is no threat to a fundamental civil right protected by both the state and federal constitutions.

Times editorial, gun control group play dangerous semantics game - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com