JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title states. Im assuming that UNLESS the trust owned the serial number prior to the enactment of HB1240 you cannot do a Form1 as a Trust any longer as that would be considered a transfer now? Withdrew my trust based form 1 the other day because I was worried it would be denied and reapplied as an individual.

Not really sure what you are asking but lots of form 1 amnesty rule gun trust applications from both WA and OR going through just fine but taking a long time. This includes WA approvals after hb1240 was passed.

I don't know how hb1240 affects sbrs or trusts so I can't help there unfortunately.

It doesnt directly affect them but if you buy a lower personally for example then submit a Form 1 as a trust that constitutes a transfer from your ownership to the trusts, as of HB1240 you essentially cannot transfer an AR style rifle what so ever so that is what I was concerned about.

It doesnt directly affect them but if you buy a lower personally for example then submit a Form 1 as a trust that constitutes a transfer from your ownership to the trusts, as of HB1240 you essentially cannot transfer an AR style rifle what so ever so that is what I was concerned about.
Hmm sounds complicated with a lot of possible loopholes. For example they make muzzleloader uppers For ARs. Stripped lower for use to build a muzzleloader or other gun that does not violate hb1240. Not gonna get into the "but it's an AR part and all AR parts are illegal" debate here though. I have heard some FFLs transferring stripped lowers still I assume for the above examples but no clue.

Hmm sounds complicated with a lot of possible loopholes. For example they make muzzleloader uppers For ARs. Stripped lower for use to build a muzzleloader or other gun that does not violate hb1240. Not gonna get into the "but it's an AR part and all AR parts are illegal" debate here though. I have heard some FFLs transferring stripped lowers still I assume for the above examples but no clue.
Not sure, basically no website will sell me anything related to an AR any longer. I already have what I need. I think the individual Form 1 should be successful under the current circumstances.

I am not a lawyer. I don't give legal advice.

The only time you have "needed proof" that a trust owned a firearm prior to completing a form 1 was for the brace ruling. The ATF and Washington state don't know when a trust took ownership of an item.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top