JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Magazine Ban Introduced
Democrats in Salem have introduced yet another attack on your rights and property.
House Bill 3265 bans standard capacity magazines. Possession of any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds will get you 6 months in jail. "Use" of a standard capacity magazine will get you a year in jail and a $6250.00 fine.

Take action.

S.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This barrage of bills feels like a coordinated attack.

I bet $1000 this was all decided somewhere behind closed doors sometime last year... The plan was to bum rush our position with bills en masse and see how many can make it.

Probably another political scheme (see: "Intersectionality") conceived by academics.

View attachment 554943
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization
View attachment 554944
Magazine Ban Introduced
Democrats in Salem have introduced yet another attack on your rights and property.
House Bill 3265 bans standard capacity magazines. Possession of any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds will get you 6 months in jail. "Use" of a standard capacity magazine will get you a year in jail and a $6250.00 fine.

Take action.

View attachment 554945

Holy bubblegum

Need to start the Recall efforts on these bubblegummers in Salem and the rest of the state! Also need to find a way to go after the bill and I.P creators and sponsors!
It's going to be a LONG SPRING and SUMMER!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I bet $1000 this was all decided somewhere behind closed doors sometime last year... The plan was to bum rush our position with bills en masse and see how many can make it.

Probably another political scheme (see: "Intersectionality") conceived by academics.

Meh, this feels rushed and unplanned, like they are trying to placate the people who donated to the democrat's campaigns. If this was truly a coordinated attack we would have seen it happen at the beginning of the legislative session. As I said in another thread, I am cautiously optimistic these will not have enough momentum to get through this session if we fight them and email/call our reps. I think they want to punt the issue to 2020 ballot initiative and if that fails then I expect CA style gun control 2021.

it seems like section 7 was written specifically because they know the majority of standard magazine owners will not comply.

"SECTION 7. (1) The owner or possessor of a large-capacity magazine that has not been permanently altered shall report the loss or theft of the magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than within 48 hours of the discovery of the loss or theft. (2) A person who makes a report in accordance with subsection (1) of this section is immune from a prosecution under sections 4 and 5 of this 2019 Act based on evidence resulting from the report."

I don't have any standard capacity magazines (lost them in a boating accident) but if I did, I would hang on to them for the civil war that's coming, don't think it won't happen either, Democrats started one last time when we took their slaves away.

This bum-rush is terrible — strongly agree with you there.

This however has absolutely nothing to do with intersectionality, and I have no idea why you would use this opportunity to make a political attack on academics.

This bum-rush is terrible — strongly agree with you there.

This however has absolutely nothing to do with intersectionality, and I have no idea why you would use this opportunity to make a political attack on academics.

Academics frequently hire out (or donate) their expertise to support political movements. Intersectionality is a theory that was cooked up at Columbia University, it was not something that organically happened.

Every time some controversial issue comes before the legislature the local news is interviewing some professor from Portland State, or Lewis and Clark, or others. This blitzkrieg of bills feels like a strategy. It started with SB 501, which some might call a red herring, and now it is progressively getting worse, with bans, registrations, and magazines limits on the table.

If I wanted to pass something controversial in Oregon, I would absolutely consult with political scientists. I don't think this is an outlandish notion at all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top