JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor's brief statement of the essential features of the measure as introduced. Requires person who owns assault weapon on effective date of Act to register assault weapon or take other specified action within one year of effective date of Act. Defines terms. Punishes violation by maximum of $2,000 fine, or by maximum of six months' imprisonment, $2,500 fine, or both, for second and subsequent convictions. Prohibits manufacture, transfer or possession of assault weapon except in specified circumstances. Punishes by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires report of loss or theft of assault weapon. Punishes failure to report by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Provides that information in report may not be used in prosecution for possession or transfer of assault weapon. Declares emergency, effective on passage. "

This has a good list of the scary salt' weapons in it.

"The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor's brief statement of the essential features of the measure as introduced. Prohibits possession of large-capacity magazine 180 days after effective date of Act. Specifies manner in which person must alter or dispose of large-capacity magazine currently possessed by person. Prohibits use of large-capacity magazine upon effective date of Act. Exempts law enforcement and military personnel from prohibition in specified circumstances. Punishes unlawful possession of large-capacity magazine by maximum of $2,000 fine, or by maximum of six months' imprisonment, $2,500 fine, or both, for second and subsequent convictions. Punishes unlawful use of large-capacity magazine by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Prohibits manufacture, purchase, transfer and sale of large-capacity magazine upon effective date of Act. Specifies exemptions. Punishes unlawful manufacture, purchase, transfer or sale of large-capacity magazine by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires report of loss or theft of unaltered large-capacity magazine. Provides immunity from prosecution for possession or transfer of magazine if report made as required. Declares emergency, effective on passage. "

The whole 10rnd limit per mag.

Just puttin these on peoples radar. I am also not for these bills either just raising awareness.

The 2019 legislative session is over and behind us. These bills are dead, though likely to be resurrected. 2020 is a short session, so hopefully we won't be seeing them rear their ugly heads again until 2021 (though never again would be my preference).

That is what worries me. They seem to be getting a little bit more an more with each HB/IP they put out. The list for ban weapons is rather extensive so someones been trying to do their homework. Add to that Oregon is a super majority Democrat standing adds to uncertainty for me.

Our mid terms woefully let me down so now I ain't it putting it passed them. Good its dead now but they'll be back like you've mentioned.

Bills like these will be in every session from here on out until they pass. It's only a matter of time before they get through. Our only saving grace would be a Supreme Court decision.

Early February 2020 will be their session to go over things. LEVO just said they've began a new IP#60 gathering on Dec 9. 2019 to roll into the 2020 session.

Gut and restuff these two HB's and i'd say we will have a busy year.

Please do us all a favor and if something is not on the list please keep your mouth shut because I am sure they read threads like this and add things to the list.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top