JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^ 'Lethal' magazines?:rolleyes:

About 400 'mass shootings' a year? If I understand correctly, there's no commonly accepted definition of 'mass shooting,' so are they basing that off the 'mass murder' (4 or more murdered without a cooling off period')? Are they just saying about 4 or more involved? Or injured? If so, any magazine capable of more than 4 rounds could be deemed by these folks as 'high capacity.' You can see the argument coming.:rolleyes:

Pesky facts:rolleyes:

Boss
Lol according to Chi mo Joe Biden.
150 million people have been killed by guns in the last 3 years.

"

"You may have also heard that there is currently a bill moving along, HB 2947, which also deals with the banning of high capacity magazines. Although it is unlikely this bill will progress, our office is tracking it very closely and I do not plan on supporting it. "

That's positive news!:s0155:
Or at least a source of optimism.
Let's hope he's right.

EAOD-22-HB2947-MagBan-Comment-Email.png
Easy Action of the Day #21: BOMBARD HB2947 MAG BAN SPONSORS & COMMITTEE

Let's stop the ABOMINABLE MAG BAN/BUY BACK!

THREE EASY STEPS
COMMENT, EMAIL, CALL - HB 2947

WE'RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. ANTI-GUNNERS ARE COMPLAINING WE'RE BETTER ORGANIZED AND MORE ACTIVE THAN EVER! HA!

WELL DONE!

WE NEED TO PUSH HARDER. WE NEED TO BE LOUDER!! WE DESERVE TO BE HEARD!!!

STEP 1: Please visit this link to leave a comment on HB 2947 mag ban/buyback: Washington State Legislature - Public Bill Comments
Enter your address, select your reps, request a response (only if your Reps are D), enter your contact info, click Oppose, paste your comments, and click Send.

STEP 2: Email EVERY sponsor & (D) Civil Rights & Judiciary + Finance Committee member with your message (below)!

STEP 3: Join us for special hourly call scripts tailored to each committee member and CALL! Washington 2020 Legislative Action Group (https://bit.ly/WALAG)

To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

(Consider even sending one at a time to avoid being filtered)

(Note: please feel free to personalize your message and/or tailor it to the recipients' favorite interest groups. Here's a GREAT overview from Michelle of how to think about this: Michelle Sterling)

Subject: CREATE YOUR OWN TITLE—aides filter by title and delete without reading

Representatives (or Representative LastName),
I am OPPOSED to HB2947.
  1. The bill disproportionately punishes the innocent, disabled, elderly, injured, or ill citizens in your district. They may have neither the ability to carry additional NOR reload multiple magazines to defend their lives from multiple attackers
  2. Innocent constituents in your district will be at a life-threatening disadvantage from attackers and home invaders who will never turn in their magazines
  3. The innocent women, LGBTQ, minorities, and more in your district will be left at the mercy of criminals in their own neighborhoods
  4. Law-abiding citizens will be unable to protect innocent children and other vulnerable demographics that tend to be targeted.
Please OPPOSE HB 2947 and keep your constituents safer during the 44,572 violent crimes they experienced in 2018.
---
PS: If you share this post, make sure the text copy is shared with it. Otherwise you'll need to copy and paste the text to enable people to copy and paste into their email.
PPS: Find your Legislative District: Washington State Legislature
PPPS: For more info, join us in Washington 2020 Legislative Action Group: https://bit.ly/WALAG

Last Edited:
Sent in...look over the text if you copy and paste. The numbers are transposed HB 2974 then it changes to HB 2947 in text body. Only in one line but just a heads up...

^^With Chapman on the Finance Committee in opposition, as well as others...lets hope this ends...soon. Massive waste of everyones' time and energy. But it did further highlight they lengths and tactics they'll go to.

Also, wonder if this is also a distraction tactic, so they can advance other things while we're all focusing on 2947. There are still other bills in play that shouldn't be ignored.

Regardless, KEEP ON THE GAS on all of them. Email, call, share, repeat.

Boss

@rutilate , I totally botched it in my email with 2497 as the subject.
The flyer also has the numbers changed.
Thank you for setting the quick actions up and keeping us updated! It is very much appreciated.

^^With Chapman on the Finance Committee in opposition, as well as others...lets hope this ends...soon. Massive waste of everyones' time and energy. But it did further highlight they lengths and tactics they'll go to.

Also, wonder if this is also a distraction tactic, so they can advance other things while we're all focusing on 2947. There are still other bills in play that shouldn't be ignored.

Regardless, KEEP ON THE GAS on all of them. Email, call, share, repeat.

Boss
SB 6288 is another nasty one ! Ive already written to most of the Dems to oppose this one too as it wants to remove the tax exemption on precious metals and other investments. KEEP HAMMERING THEM ALL !!!!

An separate, updated, current thread with all related bills/legislation still in play probably isn't a bad idea if someone has a little extra time (I'm a bit swamped at the moment).

Boss

@rutilate , I totally botched it in my email with 2497 as the subject.
The flyer also has the numbers changed.
Thank you for setting the quick actions up and keeping us updated! It is very much appreciated.
Totally my fault! Sorry!
Fixed the flyer. It was really too late last night when I did this. And here I was congratulating myself that I hadn't made a number of errors in the last couple of posts!

Thanks again for catching these.

I made some calls and sent some emails. I was actually a little suprised by the thoughtful responses. That said, I encourage everyone to stay engaged so that WA doesn't fall the way of CA.

I would like to thank everyone who is able to make it to these legislative meetings in Olympia and speak against such bills as this...

It is greatly appreciated (I would have to take 2 days off work and spend $300 in fuel for every single one of them though I do make the phone calls and send the emails and follow them very closely it's just to expensive driving over to Olympia every week)

Just received this email from Rep. Dye:

I understand your frustrations around some of the legislation introduced this session. You are likely aware that I am a supporter of Second Amendment rights and consider the Constitution the supreme law, essentially delineating the national frame of government.

Many lawmakers have expressed distaste for the moves being made to reintroduce firearms legislation previously turned down by the full body. At this point HB 2947 has not made it out of the House Committee on Finance, and the cutoff for policy bills to move comes later this afternoon. Finance bill cut-off comes Monday evening. I will be monitoring this particular piece of language to ensure that it is not slipped into another bill.

Please know that my deepest concerns around gun violence center on mental illness and the breakdown of the family. One of my primary objectives this session has been to monitor and oppose legislation which erodes the efficacy of law enforcement. Over the past few years, I have observed disturbing trends that, over time, set the stage for the undermining of services designed to keep communities safe.

Today we are spending the majority, if not all, of the day voting on the House Operating and Transportation budgets. Cutoff for policy bills comes this afternoon.

I appreciate your concerns and am in your corner when it comes to Constitutional rights around firearm ownership.

raw
Regards,

Representative Mary Dye

9th District . House of Representatives

432 John L. O'Brien Building

Olympia, WA 98504

(360)-786-7942 | [email protected]

Visit Rep. Dye's website:www.representativemarydye.com

HRC logo hi res

NOTICE OF PUBLIC DISCLOSURE: Please note, this email and any documents you send this office may be subject to disclosure requirements under the state Public Records Act, RCW 42.56

Sorry it was rough on you Caveman. I can bring the big truck and you can take a break in it. We don't have to stay all day either. If you ever change your mind let me know. I don't get out much, I had the time of my life. Will go again!

Thanks for trying to accommodate me TG, I think a
motorized lazy boy would do the trick just fine... Look out AH's... BEEP BEEP!!!:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top