JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No buses there today that I saw, really not that many people, less than 200 I would say. But I had to leave for work right after the first 3 testified. A few folks were still coming when I was on the way out.

No buses there today that I saw, really not that many people, less than 200 I would say. But I had to leave for work right after the first 3 testified. A few folks were still coming when I was on the way out.

You know, the way I see it, those in high places don't care. They have their agenda right there in front of them. Allowing testimony is some kind of a sick JOKE. It could be 50%/50% and their agenda would STILL be enacted. It's like "Cap & Trade" here in Oregon. Regarding THAT debacle, the media report has the "Sad" dems talking about how they can't get the budget items taken care of, with no mention of WHY the Republican reps walked out.

Please understand I'm not saying that folks shouldn't go to the capitol to protest their agenda though.

Hopefully the tax on precious metals gets some moderates attention....

"Yeah, ban those evil magazines!!'

They're going to tax your investments to pay for them. You might not be able to retire as early as you like, pay for your kids' college, etc.

'Umm, er, ahh...maybe inanimate little boxes aren't so bad.'

Boss

You know, the way I see it, those in high places don't care. They have their agenda right there in front of them. Allowing testimony is some kind of a sick JOKE. It could be 50%/50% and their agenda would STILL be enacted. It's like "Cap & Trade" here in Oregon. Regarding THAT debacle, the media report has the "Sad" dems talking about how they can't get the budget items taken care of, with no mention of WHY the Republican reps walked out.

Please understand I'm not saying that folks shouldn't go to the capitol to protest their agenda though.
Yeah, I totally get what you are saying. One of my reps was a cosponsor. But it helps sway moderate reps on either side to hear it. I know those whose minds are made up already won't change on either side. Not all reps are prepared to mindlessly follow, however. At least here. And the earlier bill has some far reaching implications beyond just a mag ban due to the underhanded language added to it in a last ditch effort to keep it alive.

Thomas, I'm meeting with Senator Wilson at noon. If you'd like to catch me up front I'd love to say hello!
I was the old fart hanging out with Caveman Jim. I shook your hand twice, sport coat, grey/red beard. Thank you so much for speaking. Today was very encouraging for me! It was my first meeting and now I have the bug. And I've seen the opposition and their tactics.

For the most part they preyed on the emotions of the committee by talking about loved ones who had been shot or killed. A vegas shooter survivor also spoke. These were sad stories and these people are scarred for life and I feel bad for them. But an even sadder story would be me getting killed because my most effective means of self defense was made illegal.

Again, thanks for the work rutilate!!

I just received this from my Senator, it's encouraging.

If any of you would like to send him a "Thank You", that would be great.;)

Dear Jim,
Thanks for writing. There have been many proposed gun control measures that have been introduced during this legislative session. Some of these bills were not able to move anywhere in the legislative process and were unable to meet certain deadlines. On the other hand, some pieces of legislation concerning firearm restrictions have progressed through the legislative process and have received votes in either the House or the Senate. Many of these bills have successfully passed in one chamber and are now in the process of moving throughout the other chamber.

In the Senate, there have been multiple gun control bills that have reached the floor and have received a vote, most notably, SB 6288 and SB 5434, both of which I opposed. SB 6288 deals with the creation of a Washington office of firearm safety and violence, and SB 5434 deals with the expansion of gun-free zones. Both SB 6288 and SB 5434 were successfully passed by my Senate colleagues, 25-23 and 27-20 respectively, and are now currently being considered in the House.

Many other pieces of legislation that have been introduced during this short session regarding firearms have stalled and will no longer be considered. A few of these being SB 6294, which deals with the expansion of pistol license training requirements, SB 6077, which concerns the banning of high capacity magazines, and SB 6161, which would implement an excise tax on ammunition sales. All of these bills will no longer be considered during this session and will not receive a vote on the floor. If these bills were to have progressed, I would have not supported any of them.

You may have also heard that there is currently a bill moving along, HB 2947, which also deals with the banning of high capacity magazines. Although it is unlikely this bill will progress, our office is tracking it very closely and I do not plan on supporting it.

I support our Second Amendment and our right to defend ourselves against violence. I understand the importance of safety, but the bills that have been introduced this year will not be successful in increasing public security. I appreciate knowing that these bills are a concern for you, and I hope my stance is clear. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office.
Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Van De Wege

State Senator 24th Legislative District

[email protected]

212 John A. Cherberg Building

Olympia, WA 98504

Office: 360 786 7646

Also, on a side note.
Rough day for me today, this may be the last time for me attend committee meetings.... Hours of standing in the cold, in the halls, the constant buzz of conversations going on and not comprehending much of anything is just too much for me anymore.

I will gladly give you all my support and help out with my experiences over the years.
Yes I will still show up at rallies, health permitting.

In Essenes what I'm saying is that I am passing my torch to those who choose to carry it. ;)

I just received this from my Senator, it's encouraging.

If any of you would like to send him a "Thank You", that would be great.;)

Dear Jim,
Thanks for writing. There have been many proposed gun control measures that have been introduced during this legislative session. Some of these bills were not able to move anywhere in the legislative process and were unable to meet certain deadlines. On the other hand, some pieces of legislation concerning firearm restrictions have progressed through the legislative process and have received votes in either the House or the Senate. Many of these bills have successfully passed in one chamber and are now in the process of moving throughout the other chamber.

In the Senate, there have been multiple gun control bills that have reached the floor and have received a vote, most notably, SB 6288 and SB 5434, both of which I opposed. SB 6288 deals with the creation of a Washington office of firearm safety and violence, and SB 5434 deals with the expansion of gun-free zones. Both SB 6288 and SB 5434 were successfully passed by my Senate colleagues, 25-23 and 27-20 respectively, and are now currently being considered in the House.

Many other pieces of legislation that have been introduced during this short session regarding firearms have stalled and will no longer be considered. A few of these being SB 6294, which deals with the expansion of pistol license training requirements, SB 6077, which concerns the banning of high capacity magazines, and SB 6161, which would implement an excise tax on ammunition sales. All of these bills will no longer be considered during this session and will not receive a vote on the floor. If these bills were to have progressed, I would have not supported any of them.

You may have also heard that there is currently a bill moving along, HB 2947, which also deals with the banning of high capacity magazines. Although it is unlikely this bill will progress, our office is tracking it very closely and I do not plan on supporting it.

I support our Second Amendment and our right to defend ourselves against violence. I understand the importance of safety, but the bills that have been introduced this year will not be successful in increasing public security. I appreciate knowing that these bills are a concern for you, and I hope my stance is clear. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office.
Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Van De Wege

State Senator 24th Legislative District

[email protected]

212 John A. Cherberg Building

Olympia, WA 98504

Office: 360 786 7646
I got the exact response, amongst other bills from Van Der Wege

Caveman Jim, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. It was great to meet you in person. We'll carry the torch from here! Keep up the great work in hammering the politicians and getting others involved!

I was the old fart hanging out with Caveman Jim. I shook your hand twice, sport coat, grey/red beard. Thank you so much for speaking. Today was very encouraging for me! It was my first meeting and now I have the bug. And I've seen the opposition and their tactics.

For the most part they preyed on the emotions of the committee by talking about loved ones who had been shot or killed. A vegas shooter survivor also spoke. These were sad stories and these people are scarred for life and I feel bad for them. But an even sadder story would be me getting killed because my most effective means of self defense was made illegal.

Again, thanks for the work rutilate!!

Thanks for getting me out of the house today!!!:)

Received this... because I sent EVERY state rep this video link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmF2ULnlhA
It's the old 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't them drink' type video. The video is actually true and legit. It took me 3 or 4 days to track down everyone associated with it. Hopefully some of those elected nitwits will view and learn from it.
Thank you for your email and video to Senator Schoesler

It's good to see a video from an actual expert on the issue that can show just how ridiculous these magazine ban bills are. I hope the Democratic Senators you sent that video to looked at it as well. Senator Schoesler is opposed to this bill not just because it isn't based on any real world data, but also because it is unconstitutional. The Senator is a lifelong NRA member and he would never vote for this legislation or any other legislation that violates the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks again for writing in and have a great day.

Michael Pappas
Senate Intern - Senator Mark Schoesler
Senate Minority Leader
360-786-7620
[email protected]

Dan

Awesome response.

Just a thought: From what I can tell, every Republican is with us, in both houses.

If everyone can focus their efforts on the Ds (with the exception of Blake and Sheldon, who're 100% with us), we will have a much greater impact and won't delay our Rs from doing good work by making them to respond and say we agree.

Here is a list of the weakest Dems in the House, where we're weakest in support. These would be the BEST for us to focus on:
Weakest Dems.png

^^ 'Lethal' magazines?:rolleyes:

About 400 'mass shootings' a year? If I understand correctly, there's no commonly accepted definition of 'mass shooting,' so are they basing that off the 'mass murder' (4 or more murdered without a cooling off period')? Are they just saying about 4 or more involved? Or injured? If so, any magazine capable of more than 4 rounds could be deemed by these folks as 'high capacity.' You can see the argument coming.:rolleyes:

Pesky facts:rolleyes:

Boss

Sorry it was rough on you Caveman. I can bring the big truck and you can take a break in it. We don't have to stay all day either. If you ever change your mind let me know. I don't get out much, I had the time of my life. Will go again!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top