JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is what was sent to me.... She provided a 1 click link to respond at the bottom. For GODS SAKE, please use it!
Fri 2/21/2020 2:12 PM

Hi, Dan.

Thank you for your words of support and encouragement. It really means a lot. I just wish we had reason to celebrate for more than a few hours. By now you've probably seen the sneaky introduction of HB 2947…

Last year, when the Democrats created their budget, one of the largest tax increases came from a "ghost" bill or "title only" bill. It was created the same way this HB 2947 was and blindsided the largest banks in the state in the last 48 hours of our session. It didn't go through any committee – therefore getting no hearing – so the public had no opportunity to speak on it, the banks has no chance to read it, it wasn't allowed to go through the regular fiscal process, so we had no idea the fiscal ramifications, and it ultimately raised taxes by over $300 million! I was so incensed I introduced SB 6042 to eliminate title only bills. I also introduced SJR 8214, a constitutional amendment, to send it to the people so they could vote on eliminating this practice. Neither proposal was even heard. No public hearing. No committee meeting. And this is why! So they can drop surprise ghost bills into our laps to avoid the regular 'required' process and divert the will of the people!

I hope the House does the same thing again and kills HB 2947 with even more amendments. As you probably saw, there were 120 amendments introduced on the original high capacity magazine ban bill, which is what Speaker Jinkins suggested was the reason it died… because it would take two weeks to debate the bill with only three weeks left in the session. I'm absolutely sure the Republicans in the House would be happy to debate every single amendment for as long as it takes to assure that bill would die again.

I plan on running the legislation to eliminate Title Only bills every year for as long as I'm in the Senate or until they finally hear it and eliminate this deceiving practice! Aside from that, as always, know that I will continue to fight for your second amendment rights.

If you want to contact the sponsors of this heinous bill directly to share your thoughts, you can e-mail all of them at once using this link.

Yours in service,

Senator Lynda Wilson
17th Legislative District

Olympia Office - 110 Irv Newhouse Building
PO Box 40417 - Olympia, WA 98504
* [email protected] ( 360.786.7632

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class