JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HB 2947 will be heard for a total of 45 minutes, with public testimony limited to 90 seconds per person.

Tuesday, February 25th at 8:00am
House Hearing Rm A
John L. O'Brien Building
Olympia, WA

Alright guys and gals, there are some Town Hall meetings listed on the first page we can have people show up to. A couple of them are currently ongoing.

There are some that start later this afternoon, and there are some that are happening tomorrow.

SHOW UP IF YOU CAN AND LET THEM KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION TO THIS BILL!!

There is a committee meeting on the POS legislation next Tuesday.

All those that are outraged at the hypocrisy of the Demoncraps party to use unethical tactics like this should attend. SERIOUSLY!!!
Make a stand, get involved or lick boots!!!!

Okay, just finished calling all 57 reps on HB 2947. All voice mail today of course, and Representative Frank Chopp's voice mail box is still full.

My Dog thinks I've gone off the reservatoin because I'm talking to myself so much. Voice is raspy. Time for a break. The complete list of phone numbers for all 57 Representatives is in post #60 in the Washington Easy Action of the day, Stop Them thread in this section.

This bill is just been renamed from the 2240 one that was defeated. Difference is this one has a buy-back clause and cant be amended like 2240 was. This means we __MUST__ hammer all the Democrats via email and phone calls to let them know we are OPPOSED to this bill !!! Please call your reps and email them to let them know you are watching how they vote !!!

Can someone explain to me why it can't be amended? I don't get that.

See this on the back of your ballot envelope? It will make it easier for the anti-gunners to identify witch ones to throw away:mad::mad::mad::mad:

20200222_211945.jpg

:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
See this on the back of your ballot envelope? It will make it easier for the anti-gunners to identify witch ones to throw away:mad::mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 662788

I guess the way they figure it there is no way that a republican is ever going to get through the primaries or through the general election for president in Washington.:eek::eek::eek:

this would be a good question to ask our secretary of state who is in charge of this are (I think)....

EAOD-21A-Storming Olympia.png
MONDAY AND TUESDAY IN OLYMPIA: WE NEED BODIES TO OPPOSE THE RED SHIRTS
If you're joining us in Olympia on 2/24 & 2/25, here is what you need to know.
EVEN IF YOU DON'T SPEAK, Your voice still counts LOUDLY if you are there in-person
  • If you can only make one, COME ON TUESDAY 8AM
  • If you want to speak, you need to be in line before 6am.
  • Anyone showing up < 1 hour a big bill will probably be in an overflow room (unless you're on a speaking panel)
  • EVERYONE SHOULD SIGN IN electronically as OPPOSED to these silly bills. They count the # of PRO and CONs at these hearings. The red shirts will be there in force. We NEED TO DROWN THEM OUT. Once there, you can connect to capitol wifi and sign in at https://app.leg.wa.gov and then find the House/Senate hearing you're attending.
  • THERE ARE NO SPEAKING PANELS FOR ANY HEARING EXCEPT HB 2947. The NRA is empaneling speakers ONLY for this hearing. Speakers for all other hearings are chosen by sign-in order and (maybe) distance traveled. This means that if you've contacted me to speak, I don't have any ability to facilitate this. You need to show up very early if you want an opportunity to speak.
  • Speakers: You will have 90 seconds. Focus on powerful stories of how this bill might have prevented you from defending your family or others. Focus on how these bills will impact women, elderly, LGBTQ, minorities, and other disadvantaged groups.
  • The calendar event links below have parking/building maps and other bill information

MONDAY PUBLIC HEARING
  1. E2SHB 2467 - Establishing a centralized single point of contact background check system for firearms transfers.
  2. SHB 2622 - Concerning procedures for ensuring compliance with court orders requiring surrender of firearms, weapons, and concealed pistol licenses.
  3. HB 2305 - Concerning firearms laws concerning persons subject to vulnerable adult protection orders.
  4. EHB 2623 - Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offenses.
  5. SHB 2555 - Concerning background check requirements for firearms classified as other under federal firearms laws.
TUESDAY PUBLIC HEARINGS
8:00 AM House Committee on Finance
  1. HB 2947 - Establishing firearms-related safety measures. MAG BAN & BUYBACK - 8:00 AM,
10:00 AM House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee
  1. ESSB 5434 - Restricting possession of weapons in certain locations.

Parking:
http://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Parking.aspx
Signing-in to OPPOSE (or SPEAK)
http://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Documents/csi_card_house_senate_2016.pdf
Information on testifying
http://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Testify.aspx

Event calendar links with complete details:
Monday: http://bit.ly/PH20200224 (waguncontrol.org link)
Tuesday 8am Mag Ban: http://bit.ly/2947Hearing
Tuesday: http://bit.ly/PH20200225 (waguncontrol.org link)
Previous call to action, with some additional information: Curtis Bingham

HB 2240 is apparently not dead?
Dec 16 Prefiled for introduction.
Jan 13 First reading, referred to Civil Rights & Judiciary. (View Original Bill)
Jan 21 Public hearing in the House Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary at 10:00 AM. (Committee Materials)
Jan 31 Executive action taken in the House Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary at 10:00 AM. (Committee Materials)

CRJ - Majority; 1st substitute bill be substituted, do pass. (View 1st Substitute) (Majority Report)
Minority; do not pass. (Minority Report)
Feb 5 Referred to Rules 2 Review.
Feb 10 Rules Committee relieved of further consideration. Placed on second reading.

Feb 21 Returned to Rules Committee for second reading.

AND on HB 2947 (bold by me)
(c) The Washington state patrol shall establish the method for providing the monetary payments made to individuals under the buyback program;
(d) The buy-back program is subject to the availability of funds appropriated for this specific purpose. This section does not create a right or entitlement for a person to receive a monetary payment under the buy-back program. The program must be operated on a first come, first-served basis and no payments may be made that would require the Washington state patrol to exceed the amount appropriated for this purpose; and

I read the HB 2947 above as confiscation since there's no compensation for said items?

Dan

Nothing like paying taxes to a government and then the government offering to pay you for property they want to confiscate (with your own money)

How stupid can you get.

Seriously, are there not rules? Can they just be blatantly ignored? This is NOT the way it's supposed to work. Rhetorical, I know.

This is akin to a football team that lost by 1 point sending their kicker out on the field and booting one thru the uprights and declaring themselves the winner.

But hey, they're still trying to overturn the 2016 election.

Hopefully this fiasco costs them like the '94 AWB. And we need to get behind Republican candidates BIG TIME.

Boss

This bill makes me beyond irate.

As one with family in law enforcement and military, this bill makes me irate that despite risking their lives on duty, off duty law enforcement and military can't carry standard issue weapon configurations that they train with.

As a business owner, this bill make me irate that the state government will tax gold bullion, the only currency that historically isn't subject to massive devaluation associated with government issued paper money and fiscal irresponsibility.

As an American with constitutional rights won with blood, this bill makes me irate that the state government sees fit to limit the means available to defend myself and family.

This bill is dripping with contempt for law enforcement, business owners, firearm owners, everyday Americans and the constitution.

I don't need any "Firearms related safety measures" issued from Olympia, I need safety measures against Olympia.

Don't just be p'o'd, write to everyone in the state house and let them know that you will tell everyone you know to vote them out of office if they support this deceitful corrupt trick to subvert constitutional rights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top