JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received a legislative update from one of my representatives and he wanted to make me aware of HB 2947 that was just introduced yesterday. I realize there is at least one other magazine related bill in play so if this is a duplicate of some sort please delete.

He mentioned that this bill contains a title that makes the bill more difficult to amend. And there is a buy-back program included in the bill, so it would be considered a fiscal bill, making it necessary to implement the budget or (NTIB) so it won't be subject to normal cutoff rules. Again, I know some of this ground is covered in the other thread, but near as I can tell this is a different bill, although with the same intent for the most part?

Washington State Legislature

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/2947.pdf?q=20200221143051

33 The possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who
34 legally possessed the large capacity magazine before the effective
35 date of this section, or possession of a large capacity magazine by a
36 person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires
37 possession of the large capacity magazine by operation of law upon
38 the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the
1 large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of the
2 large capacity magazine can establish such provenance.

How about presumption of innocence? :mad:

Last Edited:
SEATTLE / RENTON AREA HEADS UP!!

Steve Bergquist – Democratic Member of the WA State House of Representatives ... -students/

Sunday is a busy day for Rep Bergquist. He is hosting TWO Town Halls....in ONE DAY!
That's right, THIS SUNDAY the 23rd he will be in Seattle from 10am - 12 noon, AND then in Renton from 1pm - 3pm. Details are provided in the link.

BE A GOOD SPORT AND SHOW UP TO BOTH OF THESE QUAINT LITTLE GET-TOGETHERS AND GIVE HIM A PIECE OF YOUR MIND....I AM SURE HE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!

BELLEVUE AREA HEADS UP!!

2020 – Tana Senn ... -from-you/

Rep Senn is having a Town Hall Tomorrow the 22nd at Bellevue College from 10 - 1130 am. Details provided in the link.

She is a CO-SPONSOR of this GARBAGE legislation, but NOT a member of the Finance Committee.

SHOW UP AND LET HER KNOW YOU DO NOT CARE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS VIOLATED NOR TAKEN AWAY AT THE STROKE OF A PEN!!

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!!

EVERETT AREA HEADS UP!!

Strom Peterson – Democratic Member of the WA State House of Representatives ... -saturday/

Rep Peterson is having a Town Hall TOMORROW THE 22nd from 10am to 12 noon at the Mariner High School Commons. Details are in the link provided.

He is a CO-SPONSOR of this GARBAGE piece of legislation, but NOT a member of the Finance Committee.

SHOW UP AND LET THIS GUY KNOW YOU DO NOT CARE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS VIOLATED!!

UNIVERSITY PLACE / TACOMA AREA HEADS UP!!

2016 End of Session Newsletter from Rep. Kilduff – Christine Kilduff ... e-victims/

Rep. Kilduff is having a Town Hall this weekend, TOMORROW, on the 22nd from 130 - 3pm at the Civic Building Gallery in University Place. DETAILS PROVIDED IN THE LINK

She is a CO-SPONSOR of this GARBAGE legislation, but NOT a member of the Finance Committee.

SHOW UP AND LET HER KNOW YOU DO NOT CARE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS VIOLATED NOR TAKEN AWAY AT THE STROKE OF A PEN!!

SEATTLE AREA HEADS UP!!

https://housedemocrats.wa.gov/macri/202 ... bruary-22/

Rep Macri is having a town hall TOMORROW the 22nd in Seattle from 130 - 3pm at the Seattle First Baptist Church. Details are in the link provided.

Rep Macri is a member of the Finance Committee and she is a CO - SPONSOR of this GARBAGE BILL.

SHOW UP IF YOU CAN AND LET HER KNOW YOU DISAPPROVE OF THIS BILL AND HER UNETHICAL PRACTICES OF THE WAY THIS BILL WAS INTRODUCED!!

Redmond area HEADS UP!!

https://housedemocrats.wa.gov/walen/202 ... town-hall/

Rep Walen will be be participating in a Town Hall TOMORROW the 22nd in the Redmond City Hall from 1030 - 1200. Details provided in the link.

Rep Walen is the Vice-Chair of the Finance Committee, the one that will determine if this bill gets out onto the floor.

She is also a co-sponsor of this GARBAGE bill.

SHOW UP AND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR DISPLEASURE WITH THIS GARBAGE BILL KNOWN TO HER!!

Seattle area HEADS UP!!

https://housedemocrats.wa.gov/frame/202 ... bruary-23/

Reps. Frame and Tarelton are having a Town Hall this SUNDAY on the 23rd from 2 - 4pm. It is in the Laguintas Taproom on the waterfront in Seattle, directions and details in the link.

They are members of the Finance Committee, the one responsible for passing this pile of bubblegum out onto the floor.

SHOW UP and MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD!!

LET THEM KNOW YOU OPPOSE HB2947

Olympia area HEADS UP!!

2019 Legislative Review – Beth Doglio ... town-hall/

Rep. Doglio is a co-sponsor of this bubblegum piece of legislation. TONITE at 630-8pm she is having a town hall at Puget Sound Community College in Lacey.

SHOW UP and give her a piece of your mind!! TELL HER NO ON HB2947!!

She is the state rep. for the Olympia general area, 22nd District.

These are the "esteemed" members of the Finance Committee. Make sure to give them a call and let them know how you feel.

I am sure that they would appreciate an email as well.

**Orwall and Macri are ALSO CO-SPONSORS**

KEEP UP THE FIRE!!

MemberRoomPhone
Legislative Members
Tarleton, Gael (D)
Chair
308 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7860
Walen, Amy (D)
Vice Chair
418 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7848
Orcutt, Ed (R)
Ranking Minority Member
408 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7990
Young, Jesse (R)
Assistant Ranking Minority Member
468 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7964
Chapman, Mike (D)132B Legislative Building(360) 786-7916
Frame, Noel (D)319 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7814
Macri, Nicole (D)311 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7826
Orwall, Tina (D)326 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7834
Springer, Larry (D)132E Legislative Building(360) 786-7822
Stokesbary, Drew (R)434 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7846
Vick, Brandon (R)465 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7850
Wylie, Sharon (D)414 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7924

I wonder if anyone is willing to create an action committee to get the AG and governor out of office? Look at the initiative to roll back I-1639 and how effective it was in only 2-3 months. We only have every 4 years to try it ( I don't see WA ever doing a recall). The governorship will be much harder but the AG with all his stupid lawsuits against the POTUS should make it easier.

I'm so fed up with this nonsense.

I only have family in Washington but when I read the pain I make inarticulate yelling noises.

ETfcriz_d.jpg

This bill is just been renamed from the 2240 one that was defeated. Difference is this one has a buy-back clause and cant be amended like 2240 was. This means we __MUST__ hammer all the Democrats via email and phone calls to let them know we are OPPOSED to this bill !!! Please call your reps and email them to let them know you are watching how they vote !!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top