Oregon HB 2251 No assault rifles for a person under 21

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Nick Burkhardt, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt
    NE Oregon

At the request of Governor Kate Brown for Office of the Governor:

Defines "assault rifle." Prohibits transfer of handgun or assault rifle to person under 21 years of age.

Punishes violation by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Restricts transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police is unable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm. Authorizes transfer after 30 days as long as gun dealer or transferor does not know or have reason to believe recipient is disqualified from completing transfer. Provides that person subject to certain court protective orders is prohibited from possessing firearms if person had opportunity to be heard on order and failed to request hearing. Punishes violation of prohibition by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Requires court to order relinquishment of firearms when person is convicted of certain domestic violence offenses or subject to certain court orders. Requires person to transfer firearms within 24 hours of court order and to file affidavit within 48 hours of court order. Requires hospitals to submit data concerning patients with injuries caused by firearms to Oregon Health Authority and to electronic emergency medical services data system managed by authority. Creates crime of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm. Punishes by maximum of 364 days' imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Prohibits possession of firearm by person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm for five-year period after conviction. Creates process for obtaining relief from prohibition. Provides that minor may lawfully possess firearm only with permission of parent or guardian. Prohibits transfer of firearm to person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm for five-year period after conviction. Requires permission of minor's parent or guardian for temporary transfer of firearm to minor. Requires gun dealer to post notice concerning obligation to prevent minors from accessing firearm without consent of minor's parent or guardian.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2251

2. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer
    This title is LCS CUSTOM! Gold Supporter

i thought after the failure of IP43 and 44 they cant use the term “assault weapon” anymore

maybe im mistaken

Stomper, nammac and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. E4mafia

E4mafia
    super secret
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

See the rules don't apply to them tho. Just you and I.

I like how people are ok with voting away their freedoms/liberties/civil rights/constitution not only for themselves but millions of others in the state. There's clearly a problem here beyond the high up desk jockies.

And lets not forget. the same people who brought about IP43/44 are refit refueled and rearmed now for 2019 with an AWB and Large capacity mag bans too on top of all these HB/SB.

Stomper and nammac like this.
  4. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Perhaps the voting age should also be raised to 21... Wonder if Mike Post would introduce an admendment to this bill just for that purpose. That’s take some wind out of their sails...

5. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

logically, if a bad person is going to have a “high cap mag” wouldnt a sensible person want that same advantage against an attacker?

they are essensially intentionally putting law abiding peoples lives at risk

these people cant comprehend common sense

tiggers97 and nammac like this.
  6. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

bill post?

nammac likes this.
  7. E4mafia

E4mafia
    super secret

because they get to live secluded lavish lives and enjoy watching all the dick dance laws only affect those under them. Should be a law or requirement to be a politician and enforcing "common sense" gun memes you should have to be put thru real life scenario training of why the 2A is there to begin with.

Lightborne, nammac and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  8. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

if bill post ran for governor id vote for him without hesitation

tiggers97 and nammac like this.
  9. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

yeah, and we pay for their lavish life style. its bullsh!t

Lightborne and nammac like this.
  10. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Sorry, yes..

v0lcom13sn0w likes this.
  11. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

hes a good guy i enjoyed listening to him on the radio!

nammac likes this.
  12. E4mafia

E4mafia
    super secret

Lets not forget the big groups who will no doubt help spread awareness of all these bills on top of their own agendas which are all financed by big backers/groups. Oregon is also super majority Blue controlled in House/Senate/Governor and so they don't need any Repub votes since they hold majority to pass bills into law that Kate Brown would be more than happy to sign and gloat about either.

Midterms mattered. Now if all those fence sitters and non voters don't join in to contest these since they all are "be enacted by the people" we will have some serious troubles in 2019 forward. This is STATE level. Keep these things in mind and try to inform and contact reps about this along with other people who are said fence sitters and non voters. Turn out is really going to matter here.

Also get ready for tons more BETTER DONATE to local group efforts for them court cases and memberships to show you are full SHALL!

13. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt
    NE Oregon

Home

14. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer

thanks. i know who bill post is. he lives down the road from me. i was asking nammac if thats who he was talking about.

nammac likes this.
  15. tiggers97

tiggers97
    United States

More than just an age restriction. The second one about 30 days sounds a lot like the so-called "Charleston loophole". While popular with teh gun-control crowd, the Federal 3-day limit was not to blame. Rather it was bad data in our background check system, which our own Oregon system is also plagued with.

Here is the report from the FBI that spells out what went wrong (and why Browns proposal won't work). My first/last post to MomsDemand-OR was during the aftermath of the shooting when they were getting in a tizzy about the 3-days. I simply stated teh FBI released results of their internal investigation, that it was no the 3 days, but bad data. 2 hours later I was banned and the comment/link deleted. So there is fear in the organizers that their supporters might learn what should be the focus, instead of what the organizers want them to learn.

Statement by FBI Director James Comey Regarding Dylann Roof Gun Purchase — FBI

nammac likes this.