JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND TELL THEM TO KILL THIS TURD OF A BILL. DO NOT TAKE THIS BILL LIGHTLY, IT WILL BE TERRIBLE FOR WA STATE GUN OWNERS.

I sent this to my elected officials.
Premonition is the only way to stop big cities such as Seattle to pass laws that will ensnare law abiding citizens driving through the district's at any given time. You must fight Seattle tooth and nail so please do the right thing by opposing this bill.

I would almost be tempted to support elimination of preemption law if it worked both ways. But we all know it will only allow local jurisdictions to be stricter with gun grabbing laws but not allow gun supporting locals to ease up on State gun grabbing laws.

"The legislature finds that gun violence is a public health crisis in Washington state"

What the bleep information are they acting on? This is not Chicago or Baltimore, these commies sure think it is.

This bill will be up for public comment in the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee on 1/21 at 10am. Please go and testify against it if you can. Also, write your representatives. The WA legislature website has an excellent tool where you can look up who represents you and send them all an email in one process. Washington State Legislature

Someone needs to tell those folks that its the Govna that is going to make gun voilence happen by poking the bears.

Not effective strategy. The courts are where it is at right now but threatening politicians will do only two things: 1) make the politicians more determined because it is human nature to not back off, and 2) cause the courts to take the bogus "public health crisis" seriously.

Think about it this way, let's say that SCOTUS says there must be a real connection between a gun law and public safety. Last year I think one person died from rifle in WA. The state's attorneys will look like morons if they try to claim that statistical noise like that will somehow be addressed by a law banning some rifles.

In contrast, if the state can point to a bunch of yahoos threatening to shoot up the capital and blow up bridges, they suddenly have a salient connection between the law and a public safety issue and that increases the chance the law is upheld.

Seriously, a ton of new judges have been appointed, let this play out in the courtroom -- we really can win.

I might also agree with all of this is I can specifically eliminate any of my tax dollars from going to King County. If they want to be independent to make their own laws contrary to the state constitution, they should also be independent from state tax revenue.

I said something about letting Seattle be a city state in jest the other day -- only half in jest really. If it would remove that voting block from the state, I'd be out getting signatures for their petition or donating to their cause or helping them in any way I could.

I would almost be tempted to support elimination of preemption law if it worked both ways. But we all know it will only allow local jurisdictions to be stricter with gun grabbing laws but not allow gun supporting locals to ease up on State gun grabbing laws.

Never gonna happen...in fact, it's specifically prohibited:

NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW17 18 to read as follows:
This chapter does not affect, modify, or limit the power of a city, municipality, or county in this state to adopt an ordinance or regulation relating to firearms that is in addition to or more restrictive than the requirements of this chapter.

They will never voluntarily do anything to reduce control.

In addition to writing your legislators, might not be a bad idea to reach out moderates in your community through the media...if only someone had complied a huge list of 'Letters to the Editor' links and put them at your fingertips;):

Boss

That is always one of the strategies...attack/provoke/attack/provoke...and then when the attackee finally stands up for/defends themselves - SEE, THEY'RE DANGEROUS!! WE MUST DO MORE TO CONTROL THEM!!!

Same with new gun restrictions that 'fail' to stop crime. Stopping violent criminals is NOT their purpose. Their purpose is to control law abiding gun owners. And in that regard, they're succeeding. Example - Mag 'Bans'...all that is going to do is cause a huge spike in sales by law abiding gun owners. And add WA to the 'do not ship' list, which is the real goal, and part of the long game. Just turning up the heat under the pot a little bit.

Now more than ever, keep spreading the word. Tools are at your fingertips.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads