JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What should I buy to “stock up” for 1240?

• PSL

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Tavor SAR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steyr Aug

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • IWI Galil Ace

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Springfield M1A

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • AR-10

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
I have been commenting on the bills and contacting my reps frequently- but as many here know- HB 1240 in WA left committee today- now I plan on going back to my home of TX by 2024 or 2025 at the latest- but want to at least buy something to hold me over for the next two years. Question is, what should that be? Posting a poll of options Im considering. I have my sig 556, ak's, AR, a few PCC's, just one BR (an FAL)- so these guns dont really interest me. Not a huge fan of bullpups but feel like I need one. Feel free to comment other options! Budget is $2K

I have been commenting on the bills and contacting my reps frequently- but as many here know- HB 1240 in WA left committee today- now I plan on going back to my home of TX by 2024 or 2025 at the latest- but want to at least buy something to hold me over for the next two years. Question is, what should that be? Posting a poll of options Im considering. I have my sig 556, ak's, AR, a few PCC's, just one BR (an FAL)- so these guns dont really interest me. Not a huge fan of bullpups but feel like I need one. Feel free to comment other options! Budget is $2K
All are in the category likely to be banned so it comes down to personal preference and individual wants/goals. Since bullpup is missing from your collection and you said you want one that would be the direction I would lean based on only the info you provided.

I considered a tavor 7 and also Galil ace in .308 but cost (and availability in the case of the Galil) made me go with and Ar10 instead. A good value out there Imo is ap5 or ap5p (mp5 clone) made by mke but you may already have that pcc group too well covered.

I would say it might be wise to have an extra stripped lower or two in your desired caliber for future proofing. Getting those before the permit system (ie regulatory gun registry) is in place means you will have options for the future that may well be outside the already passed yearly background check law and likely other bans or regs that come in future years. My 2 cents, worth the price paid ha ha.

Edit: I should clarify that by "outside the yearly background check law..." I'm assuming the new gun pre-purchase permits will be the database they use to implement the existing yearly background check law and new future regs. But that is an assumption.

Last Edited:
sell the fal put the money towards a SCAR 17. Instead of buying more guns just upgrade into a better BR. SCAR will hold you over and rekindle your love.

Last Edited:
this. ha

Get the IWI Carmel it's suppose to be like $1800 the charging handle swap from left to right is wild

sell the fal
Sell the AR's
1674892467030.png

The asshats Jackboot Jay and Sideshow Bob are banning the M1A???
WTF has this communist shiithole state come to?

full.gif

sell the fal put the money towards a SCAR 17. Instead of buying more guns just upgrade into a better BR. SCAR will hold you over and rekindle your love.
I actually sold my SCAR 17 to grab an FAL. I miss my SCAR 17 but got rid of it after the charging handle tore up my thumb- now that it doesn't reciprocate… It would be super ideal- but Ive been having trouble finding and NRCH model outside of Gunbroker

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top