JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No lawyer here, but from the gist of it, basically any modern 'firearm' other a serial-numbered firearm will be a crime to assemble or possess. And if it doesn't have sufficient metal to be detectable, same deal.

And they're DECLARING AN EMERGENCY!:eek: Cuz, ya know, of all the crime going on with these types of items. Man, some folks must just wet their Underroos and go into the fetal position at the very thought of being near an actual firearm.

This, on top of the desire to ban [cue evil voice] 'semi-automatic assault weapons'...think any of them want to try the 'Nobody wants to take your guns' line? Now it'll just be the 'Well, except those guns...' Exactly.

Put on your hip waders folks, Truth has left the building.

Boss

Last Edited:
It outlaws bump-fire stocks, "undetectable firearms", and "untraceable firearms" in the state of Washington. It includes definitions of each of the above.

"Bump-fire stock" means a butt stock designed to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm with the effect of increasing the rate of fire achievable with the semiautomatic firearm to that of a fully automatic firearm by using the energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.

(33) "Undetectable firearm" means any firearm that does not contain sufficient metal to be reliably detectable by commonly used walk-through metal detectors or magnetometers, or any firearm that, if the firearm or any major component were subjected to inspection by the types of X-ray machines commonly used at airports, would not generate an image that accurately depicts the shape of the firearm or component. A firearm is per se undetectable if any major component is made of polymer plastic or other nonmetal material and the firearm does not contain at least 3.7 ounces of steel or steel alloy.

(34) "Untraceable firearm" means any firearm manufactured after July 1, 2019, for which the sale or distribution chain from a federally licensed dealer to the point of its first retail sale cannot be traced by law enforcement by means of a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer imprinted on its major component.

It would outlaw bump-fire stocks, completely plastic 3D printed guns like this,

and 80% builds made after July 1, 2019. It would not affect current Washington law regarding SBS and SBR. The new law would be added to the section of law regarding SBS and SBS, which remain legal as long as the person "is in compliance with applicable federal law."

Would this also outlaw, homemade ?
Yes, per part (34), and if it's 3D printed, section (33)

From the letter:
11 (33) "Undetectable firearm" means any firearm that does not
12 contain sufficient metal to be reliably detectable by commonly used
13 walk-through metal detectors or magnetometers, or any firearm that,
14 if the firearm or any major component were subjected to inspection by
15 the types of X-ray machines commonly used at airports, would not
16 generate an image that accurately depicts the shape of the firearm or
17 component. A firearm is per se undetectable if any major component is
18 made of polymer plastic or other nonmetal material and the firearm
19 does not contain at least 3.7 ounces of steel or steel alloy.
20 (34) "Untraceable firearm" means any firearm manufactured after
21 July 1, 2019, for which the sale or distribution chain from a
22 federally licensed dealer to the point of its first retail sale
23 cannot be traced by law enforcement by means of a serial number
24 registered with a federally licensed manufacturer imprinted on its
25 major component.
[\quote]

So they are going do say untraceable guns made after 2019 are a crime.... But by there very nature they are un traceable. How dumb are these people?

So they are going do say untraceable guns made after 2019 are a crime.... But by there very nature they are un traceable. How dumb are these people?

Just because the gun is untraceable does not mean it will remain "hidden." Someone will stupidly take one to the range; or, get caught with it in a vehicle if pulled over for a DUI (or maybe border AG inspection???) - or in a safe search by authorities in response to a divorce claim on an "unsafe spouse" or perhaps future red flag laws with attendant possible removal of firearms.

If found I would expect your local DA might be happy to add on additional charges for violators.

Just because the gun is untraceable does not mean it will remain "hidden." Someone will stupidly take one to the range; or, get caught with it in a vehicle if pulled over for a DUI (or maybe border AG inspection???) - or in a safe search by authorities in response to a divorce claim on an "unsafe spouse" or perhaps future red flag laws with attendant possible removal of firearms.

If found I would expect your local DA might be happy to add on additional charges for violators.
My point was you can always claim it was made pre2019, at least for 80% options available before 2019.

My point was you can always claim it was made pre2019, at least for 80% options available before 2019.

:rolleyes: Guess I was fixated on the dumb part.

You are assuming the burden of proof is on them to prove it wasn't made before 2019. Want to bet they won't try to blame shift the burden back to you?

This is somewhat similar to what initially happened in CA with grandfathered high capacity mags before they just tried to ban them all.

Just need a picture time stamped with today's date (available at your LGS) or maybe a recipt/invoice for, say 10 80% widgets from XYZ online gun broker that unfortunately went out of business a couple days after purchase (with a gift card Visa I got for Christmas) and I think I'm covered for life. :cool:
Their burden to prove it ain't..

image.png

Ever notice that this saying doesn't work very well if you use one of the other sails in its place?

image.jpeg

Ok, show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed...

Ever notice that this saying doesn't work very well if you use one of the other sails in its place?

Ok, show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed...
I disagree. My girl loves my Mast. She says it her Mainsail, especially when I make her go Boom. :cool:

Go Hawks! It's late lol.

I disagree. My girl loves my Mast. She says it her Mainsail, especially when I make her go Boom. :cool:

Go Hawks! It's late lol.

Uhg...aha...well...

I guess I now know why the Navy guys got the girls. :s0108:

However, now I am really confused at the meaning and context of the original phrase "I like the cut of your jib." But I think I will treat it as a "don't ask, don't tell" moment. :s0094:

Please forward my felicitations to your "Hawks", whoever they might be.

By passing these laws all that they do is pump more of the "evil" items into the civilian populace. If there was never a threat of an item becoming illegal then far fewer people would manufacture or buy the product. We need some Dr. Evil memes of him describing his master gun-ban plans, only to have No. 2 explain the flaws in the plan.

The phrase is a colorful way of saying that I agreed with what he said, the way he stated it. And I support his obvious stance on the issue. Apparently I've spent too much effort in the study of literature. My apologies for confusing so many. :(

Ah'll try ta due bedda frum nah oan.

Go Hauwkes!!! hole mah beah bruh, watch dis.

Yeah, I'm from the south, so yes, I do get to bust a redneck joke when it suits me.:)

No apologies needed Tinman357. I knew what the phrase meant and was trying to lighten the mood with a silly question.

Personally, I appreciate a well read reparte. So,...

"Thus as I end the refrain, thrust home!" (CD'B)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top