JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As predicted and brought to us by Turd Ferguson and his leftist cronies in the legislature........ Merry Christmas.

Washington State Legislature

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like they are also going to try to implement a "high capacity magazine registration" also.

HB 1068 said:
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) The possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who legally possessed the large capacity magazine on the effective date of this section, or possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the large capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of large capacity magazine can establish such provenance.

Ray

As predicted and brought to us by Turd Ferguson and his leftist cronies in the legislature........ Merry Christmas.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like they are also going to try to implement a "high capacity magazine registration" also.Ray

I think that the establishment of a registration would need to be spelled out, but "provenance" is an incredibly vague term. It could be as simple as a time stamped picture of your mags stored with them.

It does look like they wouldn't be allowed in carry guns though, given the listed exemptions for use.

So sick of these idiots. Start writing and calling.

13 (3) In order to continue to possess a large capacity magazine
14 that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the
15 person possessing the large capacity magazine shall possess the large
16 capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by
17 the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity
18 magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a
19 lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while
20 traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of
21 engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine, provided
22 that the large capacity magazine is stored unloaded and in a separate
locked container during transport.23
24 (4) A person who violates this section is guilty of a gross
misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.25

You know, I am warming to the idea of moving back to Oregon. Sad ain't it. LOL o_O

Well, I would say that with the dem supermajority in OR, vs a much closer (25-23 Senate and 50-48 House) dem majority in WA, the prospects of something like this passing is better there. Hopeful this will fail.

You know, I am warming to the idea of moving back to Oregon. Sad ain't it. LOL o_O

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. That's not going to save you. I think the Democratic majorities in Oregon and Washington are going to be competing with each other next year to see who can pass more gun control and become the most like California.

Move to Idaho, Utah, or Arizona if you are going to move.

1) go to link above
2) find your district
3) email your elected officials
4) inform them that criminals do not follow these laws anyway, and all it does is strip freedoms from law abiding Americans. Don't Californicate Washington.

Yes I already have. Been there, done that. All I get in the rare response from them is "common sense gun control measures ... blah, blah, blah". Don't have enough $$$ to get them to listen to me. :confused:

My district reps are going to be some of the opposition to this but what I would say if they were likely supporters is "before you possibly make tens of thousands of otherwise law abiding Washingtonians criminals, please tell me the exact number of people in this state shot by the 11th round in a magazine in each of the last 5 years. Thanks"

1) go to link above
2) find your district
4) inform them that criminals do not follow these laws anyway, and all it does is strip freedoms from law abiding Americans. Don't Californicate Washington.

Talking about freedom or the Second Amendment to most lawmakers falls on deaf ears. They sincerely don't think they are infringing on anyone's freedom or the Second Amendment with their "common sense" gun control proposals. You have to come up with practical reasons why the proposed law is a bad idea. When you write to your representatives drive home four points:

1. Over 15,000 rank and file cops were polled on various gun control measures. They overwhelmingly said laws limiting magazine capacity would not reduce violent crime. PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers' perspectives
    1. Virtually all respondents (95 percent) say that a federal ban on manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds would not reduce violent crime.

gun-surveryQ6.gif
  2. Magazine capacity laws do not prevent mass shootings. California has had a ban on "large capacity" magazines for many years and continues to have mass shootings, including the Thousand Oaks shooting, the San Bernardino shooting, and the Oikos University shooting in just the past 6 years. The Parkland, FL school shooter did not use "large capacity" magazines. Report: Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High Capacity Magazines | National Review
  3. Law-abiding citizens need "large capacity" magazines for the same reason police officers use them: for self-defense. Studies have shown in a high stress life-or-death self-defense shooting even police officers miss with most of their shots A Hail of Bullets, a Heap of Uncertainty Those extra rounds in a "large capacity" magazine can mean the difference between life and death for a citizen in a self-defense shooting, especially since they lack the advantages of body armor, backup, and radios that police have. If police with those advantages need "large capacity" magazines, citizens need them even more.
  4. A "large capacity" magazine is nothing more than a plastic or metal tube with a spring inside.
    glk-17-10-9mm-10rd-magazine_5.jpg
    They aren't much different in construction from this:
    TTA5745-Dory-Pez-01-1000x1000.jpg
    They are not inherently dangerous, hazardous, or toxic. They are not weapons in contrast to knives, hammers, baseball bats, and other common household items. We should not criminalize mere possession of harmless items.

Last Edited:
I find it ironic that , nowadays there are folks who want to limit the type of firearm you can own along with just how many cartridges the magazine can hold when....
At one time you could been fined for not having a firearm fit for militia duty or enough powder and ball for 60 shots , when called up for muster.
My how far we have come ( or fallen...:oops: )
Andy

I find it ironic that , nowadays there are folks who want to limit the type of firearm you can own along with just how many cartridges the magazine can hold when....
At one time you could been fined for not having a firearm fit for militia duty or enough powder and ball for 60 shots , when called up for muster.
My how far we have come ( or fallen...:oops: )
Andy

True words Andy,
It very odd how we as a society continue to ignore all the warnings of the past.
Its as if, its our human condition to implode and destroy or civilization.
We have as a species, done this many times before, and we regroup, grow, and advance only to reach for the
stars and bring it all back down crumbling. I love history, its a passion. It also scares the hell outta me, because I
can see in the past where we have done when we are doing now, only to see it lost in a very short time.

1) go to link above
2) find your district

And remember to be forceful when you write to your elected officials. Something like this:

Chancellor A. Hitler
Reich Tourism Department
Berlin, Germany.

Dear Mr. Hitler,
I am writing to you to express my thorough dissatisfaction with the accommodations that I have been placed in, here at the Auschwitz waiting lodge facility. The sleeping areas are cramped, the cuisine poorly prepared and there is an objectionable smoky odor everywhere. As I am sure you are committed to providing a quality experience for your guests, please inform your management staff at once.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxvtVcneG1QU-8qXssdDFNtAPmDdFCLPZUaLiegNEC3BCuhjf5_A.jpg

can establish such provenance

Guilty until you can prove your innocence much? Honestly, I don't know where our society finds these morons, why they are elected, and why their odious presence continues to be tolerated after their tyranny, wastefulness, and gross incompetence is made manifest. :mad:

The AG is a lawyer. Lawyers are supposed to follow state and federal law. They are not supposed to conspire or advocate to undermine it. The WA constitution and the US Constitution plainly state that gun rights shall not be impaired or infringed. The AG is also supposed to uphold the law, not undermine it.

Imagine if the AG were advocating to prevent blacks from eating at public restaurants, or Chinese people from voting, or gays from marrying... this is a continuing outrage against gun owners.

If you REALLY want to get off your *** and do something, consider filing a complaint against this lawyer.
If you wish to file a complaint against the AG and his law license for advocating the violation of state and federal civil rights, here is the simple and free procedure. It will take you 15 minutes.

Concerns About a Lawyer

Last Edited:
My unmitigated disgust with our elected officials aside, if anyone from the Evergreen State learns of what your brothers and sisters to the south can do to help with this, please post the link. We're all in this together. (We sent what we could on I-1639, even though that affront to liberty passed.)

We aren't far behind and 2019 may have use seeing similar legislation.

I just bought 10 round mags for some of my SIGs and will probably get some for other firearms. At the very least, the 10 rd. mags can be used while traveling thru other states that have those kind of limitations.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top